It's a crazy subject...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

PH, one word: wtf?

Comment

My wife claims to have seen a ghost, and I am less of a sceptic than I am letting on.

I also like that on the Travel Channel with those guys who go around chasing ghosts, not bad... lots of unexplainable things.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Wrong by itself. If people claim to see them, they do exist. As a figment of imagination, a spirit, a hoax, whatever, but they exist. Just like God exists even if there is no God.
          I claim to see hot women having sex with me. Do they exist?

Comment

The Travel channel makes $ from it so I'm inclined to doubt...

What was your wife's experience?

Comment

Most ghosts are people tricking themselves. It's damned easy to do. The mind is a wonderful toy.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"I claim to see hot women having sex with me. Do they exist?"

Only if they stick around for breakfast.

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

che, I don't agree. Not if the experience is as real as me sitting here and hitting this keyboard...

Comment

What was your wife's experience?
                      Her grandfather died in a hospital from lung failure when she was 10 or something, he died in the middle of the night. In the morning she came out of her bedroom asking where grandpa was, and her parents told her he was dead. However, she swore he was in her room the night before.

She is freaked out by the thought of ghosts.

The last house we rented I swear was haunted by a little old asian lady.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I believe ghosts exists, but I've never seen a ghost

Some family members say that they have often felt that "someone" was looking over their shoulders at a specific place in their house, but they've never seen what "it" was. According to them (they were 5 who have felt it) they all felt it without knowing the others has been in the same situation, so it took some time before they actually talked about it (and found out they where not the only ones)
                        I don't know exactly "how much" and "what" they felt
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Under hypnosis, people can be convinced that things happened to them that never really happened. The mind is easily tricked or confused, and it tries to make meaning out of things it can't readily explain. No one likes to believe the tricked themselves. But people "experience" things that can't have happened all the time.

Take for example alien abductees who live in NYC. How is it possible that an alien space carft flew downinto NYC, abducted people out of their apartment, performed experiencets on them for hours, put them back in their apartment, and no one else noticed? I realize not many New Yorkers look up, but still.

Comment

How is it possible that an alien space carft flew downinto NYC, abducted people out of their apartment, performed experiencets on them for hours, put them back in their apartment, and no one else noticed?
                            Superior technology.... duh, haven't you seen Predator?
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

"The last house we rented I swear was haunted by a little old asian lady."

Why do you think she is 'little' 'old' or 'asian'. Must have seen something to have such an impression.

I remember the coal black coat the guy that came at me in my living room was wearing. How does a ghost bring a coat? It's very crazy.

Adagio, such stuff could just be chance, a creepy room, that sort of thing. Whaddaya think?

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                                I also like that on the Travel Channel with those guys who go around chasing ghosts, not bad... lots of unexplainable things.
                                Some years ago there was a show called Fear where 6 young people was living in a place (for a few days) where there was supposed to be a lot of ghosts around. I really liked this show, though I do have my doubts about how real it actually was... to be hornest I would actually be suprised if it turns out to be real... but it was still a great show
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X