No announcement yet.

Another homophobic republican who opposed gay rights is busted...and gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still a young man. As a former young man, I can confirm that sex and toys does indeed constitute the great majority of thought.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che - I understand, but in truth he's not so young anymore. As I understand it he is finishing university soon. Time to mature.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        Che - I understand, but in truth he's not so young anymore. As I understand it he is finishing university soon. Time to mature.
        Excuse me for giving a sh*t about civil rights.

I'll mature and begin ignoring civil liberties like my republican friends.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"We're all the same regardless of sexual preference" is the refrain, yet most people I know don't dwell on their (and other people's) sexuality all day, every day.

Could you tell the new pope that ?

Because he's never met me, and he thinks I'm intrinsically evil because of my sexuality.

I've never even thought about his, though.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Could you tell the new pope that ?

Because he's never met me, and he thinks I'm intrinsically evil because of my sexuality.

I've never even thought about his, though.
            You want me to instruct the CC?

Boy, have you got the wrong person.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

You want me to instruct the CC?

Boy, have you got the wrong person.

I was somewhat facetiously pointing out that some religious people and some right wingers (and 'conservative left wingers', like Stalin) expend quite a lot of time and energy fulminating about other people's sexuality and indeed it seems to obsess them to a point of froth-mouthed apoplexy.

Why, not so long ago, the British Conservative Party were so consumed by fascination with gay sexuality, they passed laws attempting to ban teaching about the subject in schools, or the 'promotion' of it by local councils.

I've never been so fascinated by my sexuality that I've tried to get my local council to promote it- in fact, I'd say it was impossible, from my experience. Perhaps I lack the requisite amount of fixation and mania.

Not enough saliva in my glands, clearly.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I know what you were pointing out, and I find such people equally annoying. I won't defend them either.

Are these the type of people one should emulate?

Comment

Conservatism (kən-sûrv-tizəm), noun: the nagging suspicion that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.
                  Last edited by chequita guevara; May 6, 2005, 10:27.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I know what you were pointing out, and I find such people equally annoying. I won't defend them either.

Are these the type of people one should emulate?

Erm, clearly not from my point of view, either as a gay man or as a lapsed Catholic. Or a non-conservative, for that matter.

However, a healthy interest in one's own sexuality and how the world affects it isn't an obsession- after all, how many heterosexuals feel particularly affected by discriminatory laws in housing, benefits, taxation, inheritance, parenting, as they pertain to gays and lesbians ?

I spent most of my early years being bombarded with stereotypes of gay men and lesbians, and religious propaganda telling me I was intrinsically bad for being who I was. I hardly think Asher is obsessed when he, in a somewhat tongue in cheek way, exposes the hypocrisy behind the public stances of some bigots.

Comment

Alright, carry on then.

Comment

riiiiiiiiiiiiight . . . . . .

Concern about legitimate civil rights issues is a sign of immaturity.

shame on me then
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                          However, a healthy interest in one's own sexuality and how the world affects it isn't an obsession- after all, how many heterosexuals feel particularly affected by discriminatory laws in housing, benefits, taxation, inheritance, parenting, as they pertain to gays and lesbians ?

I spent most of my early years being bombarded with stereotypes of gay men and lesbians, and religious propaganda telling me I was intrinsically bad for being who I was. I hardly think Asher is obsessed when he, in a somewhat tongue in cheek way, exposes the hypocrisy behind the public stances of some bigots.

And how about the fact that many gays only want to be open and honest about themselves in the same way that heterosexuals are?

Does this mean that the majority of heterosexuals are too obssessed with their own sexual orientation?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Like, 4 years ago.
                            I'd be embarassed if Asher's sexuality had more relevance to me.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

"Molestation accusations against West, dating from his years as a sheriff's deputy and Boy Scout troop leader, were made in a deposition for a lawsuit against Spokane County by Galliher. The lawsuit seeks damages for Galliher, his older brother Brett and two other men, who claim they were molested by another deputy at the time, David Hahn."
                              The moral majority maniacs take another hit.
                              It adds truth to the saying - "Thou doth protest too much!"

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Catholics are part of the moral majority?

Interesting take on that.

I bet this guy was Catholic even.

Catholic Republicans are all homosexual pedophiles.
                                Sorry to disappoint you Asher, but I don't fall into this category.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X