Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

human safety trumps property - you conservatives really need to learn to be consistent
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

not when that life ain't worth sheit and gots to trample all over MY property
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        In the Nediverse she would have been within her rights to shoot them all and any bystanders hit would have been justifiable collateral damage
        AH, I asked what she could have legally done in the bizarre realm known as Britain. That is quite a bit different from your charaterization of what I said.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

AH, and you assume she had no genuine fear for her own life after the yobs threatened her?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

The miscreants would have an Anti-social behaviour order slapped on them. She'd hose down her car. The world would continue turning.
            What's an "anti-social behavior order"? Is that something like a restraining order?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

AH, I asked what she could have legally done in the bizarre realm known as Britain.
              Yes its a bizarre place, the police on the beat don't have to wear fire arms.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                AH, and you assume she had no genuine fear for her own life after the yobs threatened her?
                There are few places where it's legal to shoot soap spreaders.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

My SUV looks like its been in the Paris to Dakka rally. I should be so lucky as to have it attacked by hooligans with soapy water.

Comment

Re: Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Originally posted by Ned

What is wrong with Britain?

It's been downhill all the way for the United Kingdom after they scrapped all those wonderful crime quashing punishments like summary hangings, public disembowelling, beheading, burning at the stake and of course the use of torture to elicit confessions from known recidivists and taciturn vandals.

Truly, Ned, I have often asked myself why we haven't approached the efficacy of the justice systems in the U.S.A. , China and Saudi Arabia, where as we all know, no crime occurs.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

What's an "anti-social behavior order"? Is that something like a restraining order?
                      Similar, but with much more extensive powers. It's a punitive measure designed to make it far easier to come down hard on a wie range of low-level criminal or anti-social activity without going through the rigmarole of full-scale criminal prosecution each time.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Re: Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Originally posted by molly bloom

It's been downhill all the way for the United Kingdom after they scrapped all those wonderful crime quashing punishments like summary hangings, public disembowelling, beheading, burning at the stake and of course the use of torture to elicit confessions from known recidivists and taciturn vandals.

Truly, Ned, I have often asked myself why we haven't approached the efficacy of the justice systems in the U.S.A. , China and Saudi Arabia, where as we all know, no crime occurs.
                        dont forget drawing and quartering.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          human safety trumps property - you conservatives really need to learn to be consistent
                          I don't think that's always true, and not in this case, but she did break the law. Something is ****ed up there, otherwise the police would have done something though.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

I don't think that's always true, and not in this case, but she did break the law. Something is ****ed up there, otherwise the police would have done something though.
                            What's your life worth? How many pieces of graffitti would you need to scrawl before you agree that I'd be entitled to shoot you in the head?
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

atleast 2 or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

What's your life worth? How many pieces of graffitti would you need to scrawl before you agree that I'd be entitled to shoot you in the head?
                                I'd say if people are going to insist on destroying your property until you have none you should have the right to shoot them.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X