No announcement yet.

Why Firefox Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, just for the record - the problem wasn't a Firefox problem, but a code bug and the fact that all other browsers (and the validator) incorrectly accepted your code - is that right?

Sounds like you should submit your code sample to W3C and tell them their validator is broken.

It's easier to blame Firefox. After all, I haven't heard one negative thing about it yet.
    B♭3

Comment

@Asher:
      Yes
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        the CEO will swim from Finland to the US!
        Norway, but close enough. Someone needs to get this to Slashdot.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Finland > Norwei.
          B♭3

Comment

If it happens, look for him to take a cruise from Norway to the U.S. and spending his whole time on the ship in a swimming pool.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
              Just when we are at it:

There is a problem with Firefox, maybe one of you can help me.
              Everytime I write an apostrophe ' , the ctrl+f bar at the bottom pops up and this is extremely annoying. I am (yes, I AM, WE ARE, HE CANNOT) almost toying with the idea of returning to IE because of this little stupid problem
              what version are you using ? ('''''''''''''''''''''''' and not a single pop with version 1.0 dk )
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

1.0.3 de
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  Opera 8 is out!

Opera is my default browser again.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Opera is playing catchup pretty hardcore to Firefox.

They still don't get it though.

They tought Opera 8 as being simple, then they add **** like speech recognition? Into an internet browser?

They have totally wrong misconceptions of a user experience, and will remain in the niche market like the Mozilla suite did, until they start taking user experience to the extreme like Firefox.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Plus Opera's adblocking and layerblocking and iframe blocking is lacking.
                      Last edited by Asher; April 22, 2005, 18:38.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I've been using Opera 8 for seconds and there are already annoyances with the default.
                        • The tabs are above the toolbars -- why? That makes no sense.
                        • You have to click the Address bar for the "Home" button to appear -- not very useful, not very intuitive.
                        • Clicking the Address bar shows three different search fields! How useful...
                        • There's some kind of trashbin in the top right corner, its use...I've no idea.

Comment

I liked opera on my old computer

this one I have used firefox on, and haven't looked back

maybe opera can take over for IE though (I don't have much turned on with firefox, so sometimes have to have IE to go to other sites)

(although I think I had even less turned on with opera previously)

Jon miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sure, sure... They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

And sadly I don't have the speech recognition or screenreader. They're awesome features for the blind and visually impaired. Not that I'm blind, but I've worked on a project for blind children recently.

Originally posted by Asher
                            The tabs are above the toolbars -- why? That makes no sense.
                            That wasn't the case for me, because I installed it over my existing Opera 7 installation... But I've now actually changed it to that. You can have toolbars both inside and outside the tab.

The main reason why I now prefer them below the tabs is because then I can get the thinner ad. So it takes up less screen real-estate. That's probably also the reason why it's the default.

You have to click the Address bar for the "Home" button to appear -- not very useful, not very intuitive.

I don't have a homepage anyway, since Opera remembers what tabs I have open (not that I have a homepage with Firefox either)... That address bar drop-down is a bit strange indeed, but I'm liking it. You can put the Home button somewhere else if you don't like it.

Again, the drop-down thing saves precious screen space. Something you'd been complaining about earlier... But yes, you still can't get it quite as trimmed-down as with Firefox, even when not counting the ad.

Clicking the Address bar shows three different search fields! How useful...

Yes, that's always been a bit silly. Having a different search field for each different search engine. But there's also an all-in-one drop-down. So if you don't like it, change it. It's still easier to add engines in Firefox, though. I'm too lazy to go and look into Opera's .ini files to add more.

There's some kind of trashbin in the top right corner, its use...I've no idea.

It's a history of recently closed tabs. In case you accidentally closed a tab or so. Pretty handy, I'd say. If you don't like it, remove it.
                            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Stuff I don't like about Firefox:

- it has some problems displaying accented characters, which sucks for a French speaker.

- it seems to be unable to remember font size settings; they have to be manually changed every time you open a new window

I reckon that these issues are probably adressable, I'm just too lazy too look them up.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

- it has some problems displaying accented characters, which sucks for a French speaker.

Check your character encoding.

Comment

Working...
                                X