Why Firefox Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Firefox Sucks

because I'm debugging CSS/XHTML code and firefox is the only browser where it don't work right.

And it should, because I had it working before, as well as in Opera and IE.

**** goddamn firefox.

(yes, i know the poor workman blames his tools and all of that, but i'm seriously pissed off that my code is broke somewhere, and I can't find it. needed to vent quietly.)
    B♭3

I love Firefox.

Comment

it's a piece of **** that doesn't render properly.
      B♭3

Comment

Q^3: check out Position is Everything. AFAIK, Firefox renders closeset to the specs - which means, if it doesn't render your code the way you think it should, your code is broken. Have you checked it via the validators at W3C?

You can also test your code in W3C's own Amaya browser.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Firefox is the great Satan. Praise Internet Eexplorer for it is the chosen browser and is blessed by Allah!

Comment

Q^3: check out Position is Everything. AFAIK, Firefox renders closeset to the specs - which means, if it doesn't render your code the way you think it should, your code is broken. Have you checked it via the validators at W3C?

My code checks out, and I ran it five times through the validator, and went through and compared it with the previous version of the working code.

Two hours, and I finally find one goddamn colon that was supposed to be a semicolon. AUGH!

Firefox doesn't suck anymore. Debugging does.

/me cries
            B♭3

Comment

What's the bug # for this that you filed?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I didn't file a bug number. I knew it was something in the code I'd written, but the only browser that didn't render properly was Firefox.

And this was after it had previously done so. Which is why it was so infuriating.

Firefox doesn't suck anymore, but debugging sure as hell does.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  I didn't file a bug number. I knew it was something in the code I'd written, but the only browser that didn't render properly was Firefox.
                  OTOH, I hate MSIE with a passion. I tried to make a list into a horizontal menu with float, and it worked perfectly in FF. However, IE refused (or seemed like) to recognise the float. Hours later I found out that IE won't float a list until you give each one a width. :anrgy: Major curses were promptedly aimed at Microsoft.

Two hours, and I finally find one goddamn colon that was supposed to be a semicolon. AUGH!
                  That would definitely messes up your CSS.

Firefox doesn't suck anymore. Debugging does.
                  Two hours is nothing. I remember once I spent 3 days looking through a Fortran program, finally finding out there's a missing decimal point. That's the sort of situation that makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.
                  Last edited by Urban Ranger; April 21, 2005, 23:04.
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

3 days is nothing. We've had teams of full-time developers debugging a Fortran compiler interacting with a user's applications 24/7 for a week, and discovered a else-if ladder had an unreachable condition due to the infamous bounding-off-by-1 error.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

3 days? Ugh, how many lines was it? The thought of having to crawl through thousands of lines makes my eyes implode with despair.
                      B♭3

Comment

3 days is nothing. We've had teams of full-time developers debugging a Fortran compiler interacting with a user's applications 24/7 for a week, and discovered a else-if ladder had an unreachable condition due to the infamous bounding-off-by-1 error.

And you say philosophy is boring. I'd shoot myself in the head if I had to do that.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

This is starting to sound like "Oh, I once caught a fish this big..." or "Oh, my penis is this big..."

B♭3

Comment

This is starting to sound like "Oh, I once caught a fish this big..." or "Oh, my penis is this big..."

Hopefully those two stories are not connected.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

3 days? Ugh, how many lines was it? The thought of having to crawl through thousands of lines makes my eyes implode with despair.
                              If it were thousands of lines I wouldn't be so upset. It was only a few pages long.

Comment

Working...
                              X