X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, most is Tex-Mex anyway

and there definitely is a market. I just don't know how well-supplied it is

Comment

got a really nice Mexican restaurant by the river here in kingston ( s.w. london ). i will admit i do prefer curry to mexican as a general rule but i do love both.

Comment

You do have Mexican food in Europe. There was even a Mexican restaurant in Monaco of all places. However, in my experience, it has been universally bad.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

i guess thats the followup. if euros have never tasted real mexican food, or even cali-mex or tex-mex food how can they judge if its good or not.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

No... not to great extent, maybe some.. but lots of Tex-Mex places I figure.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I always wonder about curry places in the US as well. If Americans have never tasted proper British Asian curry how can they tell if it's good or not?
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Because we get proper curry direct from real South Asians.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

thats the rub. in places like seattle, vancouver, San Francisco, LA, and NY, there are sufficent thai and indian populations that bring their cultural benefits there, one of them being food.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    I wonder how many mexicans immigrate to the UK and europe as a whole.

I have met very few people of Mexican origin in Toronto.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                      Because we get proper curry direct from real South Asians.
                      See, you don't know what you're missing.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

I think we have a mexican restraunt, but I am not sure. I am certain there is one in Tel Aviv.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Think it's mostly tex-mex (fajitas, enchiladas and the like), but even then it's not very common in Cambridge and typically wrapped in with other American style food. Chinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian are the main ones here i think.

Comment

my place does not have a mexican
                            veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              I always wonder about curry places in the US as well. If Americans have never tasted proper British Asian curry how can they tell if it's good or not?
                              You do have a point. We have a fair sized south Asia population here in the states but Indian food seems to be a high priced sit down affair and not the cheap take out it is in the UK.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
                                Think it's mostly tex-mex (fajitas, enchiladas and the like), but even then it's not very common in Cambridge and typically wrapped in with other American style food. Chinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian are the main ones here i think.
                                Back around 2000 I flew through RAF Mildenhall and we stopped off in Cambridge for a while. There was a little mom and pop type French restaurant in Cambridge run by a middle aged French couple who immigrated and it was hands down the best French food I had ever had. Prices were high but the food was top notch; even better then the food I had in France.

The fellow who owned the place even came and chatted with us for a while and he kept saying he liked England so much better then France because it was so much easier to open his own business compared to France.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X