Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps so, but stop acting like you are Charlton or something!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Liverpool

What actually happens if Liverpool win the CL? Do they get an automatic spot in next year's CL?
      If so, will there be five English sides in the CL, or will Everton be excluded? Hur-hur-hur...

Comment

• Do they get an automatic spot in next year's CL?

No... it's up to the FA to decide. They only get 4 spots and they get to pick if they want the 4th side in the Prem to go or the CL winner.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• If Liverpool win it, UEFA will let the Reds *AND* fourth placed side in. It's won't be a FA decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
            If Liverpool win it, UEFA will let the Reds *AND* fourth placed side in. It's won't be a FA decision.
            No they won't, reds. England gets 4 and that's it. The FA gets to decide if they put in the CL winner or the 4th placed team.

Comment

• The debate over whether Liverpool should be granted the final Champions League spot if they win the trophy this season should not come into the equation as everyone knew the rules when they started out back in August, but you wonder whether a side featuring Marcus Bent, David Weir and Lee Carsley would send a shiver down the spine of any side in the game's top competition?

Comment

• Thats 'cos you've forgotten what its like to be in champions league!

When we played in the CL it was worth watching. Arserprilla and all that.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

No they won't, reds. England gets 4 and that's it. The FA gets to decide if they put in the CL winner or the 4th placed team.
                  Trust me Imran, if we win the CL then UEFA will find a place for the winners.

It won't be at the expense of Everton (unfortuneatly!) but we'll be in the there, do you think UEFA want Liverpool in the competition or the winners of the Latvian league?

Comment

• There would be a huge outcry if the UEFA just threw out the rulebook just for this case, especially from the Spanish who suffered from the same situation a few years ago. The UEFA will undoubtably pressure the FA to pick Liverpool over Everton, but letting 5 English teams in is never gonna fly...
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever
                      Trust me Imran, if we win the CL then UEFA will find a place for the winners.

It won't be at the expense of Everton (unfortuneatly!) but we'll be in the there, do you think UEFA want Liverpool in the competition or the winners of the Latvian league?
                      Five years back when Real Madrid won the CL, they finished 5th in the Spanish League. They got to try again... but only because La Liga picked Madrid over 4th place Real Zaragosa. Zaragosa went directly to UEFA.

Why would they have made La Liga choose in 2000, but not the English Premier League this time around?

As long as the rules are as they are, if Liverpool makes it, Everton doesn't. If UEFA made a special exception, after the fact, Spanish officials would be (justifiably) super pissed.

Comment

• Damn Locutus, you beat me to it!

Comment

• So... win the CL, piss off Everton... sounds like a win/win-situation

Comment

• Well, from what I've heard, there's actually a pretty strong trend in England to let Everton in and not Liverpool. Liverpool might be the one ending up pissed off...

Either way, plenty of entertainment for the rest of us
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Just let them play a game to decide who joins the CL, don't sound that difficult to me.

It's not English teams play a lot of games already.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• yeeeahhhhh PSV 1-0 Milan

Those Korean dudes are ****ing good, aren't they?
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X