Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we need more like Beasley to be our ambassadors to the world instead of whiner Landon Donovan.

Btw, in a year or two (perhaps after WC '06) look for a guy named "Eddie Johnson" to be the next US player who has some success in Europe.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I've seen him. Once those black guys start coming through, look out.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Well, it's not like Beasley is a key player, he usually starts on the bench. But yeah, it doesn't help, especially since fellow strikers Farfan and Robert may also be out of the running...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Yeah, well the Dutch always choke anyway, so I guess if Beasley is lucky he'll be in the PL next season.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Isn't Holland just a stopping point anyway?

It'd be nice to see him play against Reyna and Friedal in a few matches in England.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Isn't Holland just a stopping point anyway?

Yep, but if he likes his dope and hoors he'd be better off in windmill-land.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                Yep, but if he likes his dope and hoors he'd be better off in windmill-land.
                Maybe if he played for Ajax. Remember, this is Eindhoven we are talking about.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                  Yeah, well the Dutch always choke anyway, so I guess if Beasley is lucky he'll be in the PL next season.

In the last 10 years Dutch teams won the CL once and were runners-up once (lost on penalties). Only Spain, Italy and Germany did better (and Germany only ever so slightly with one more runner-up). A Dutch team also won the UEFA Cup once in that time. Only 4 countries (aforementioned ones plus England) won more, but two of those only had one more runner-up.

Dutch teams aren't the strongest in the world but in number of prizes won they're 4th or 5th in Europe (depending on the time period)...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

In the last 10 years Dutch teams won the CL once and were runners-up once (lost on penalties). Only Spain, Italy and Germany did better (and Germany only ever so slightly with one more runner-up). A Dutch team also won the UEFA Cup once in that time. Only 4 countries (aforementioned ones plus England) won more, but two of those only had one more runner-up.

Dutch teams aren't the strongest in the world but in number of prizes won they're 4th or 5th in Europe (depending on the time period)...
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Woot... 2 hours to go for Chelsea-Liverpool!

Comment

• Lets 'ave at 'em lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I've skived off work today to watch it.

I can't wait to see who we get to gloat at: reds or Mike.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• How lucky we are to have two posters who back either team .

Comment

• I'm getting picked up to go to the pub at 6:30, if we lose I'd like to apologise in advance for the posts I'll make!

Comment

• Here's hoping one team gets humiliated or that an extremely poor refereeing decision decides the match. Hee hee
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X