Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why dont euro stadiums check bags for flares, and batteries.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Get some glasses... Adu looks like a boy.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Get some glasses... Adu looks like a boy.
        no need, i have perfect vision!!!
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Apparently not.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
            There's a difference between showing up for matches and buying merchandise and completely running the club and being involved in every aspect of it...
            So that makes the latter better than the former? I dont see the big deal in fans running "every aspect", what are all these aspects that are better run by the fans than by anyone else?

Well, that's the problem right there. If any player ever thinks that the thing they do, which millions of people would kill for to do as well, is 'just a job', I don't want him anywhere NEAR my FC Twente...

Having healthy ambitions is one thing, and I don't mind players moving on to big clubs when the time is right, but even in football there's such a thing as loyalty...
            Exactly what I said, there is room for loyalty. I can assure you that every player approaches each game as a job to do, and if they dont and go strolling out there thinking its just a game then theyre in the wrong place, they should be playing for a pub team.

But even if a player would still say its only a job for them what more do you want from them? Theyre running their balls off for your club and taking it probably more seriously than other local players who coast through a game because theyre local they know theyre a shoo-in to get picked next game. Who cares what a players motivation is if theyre doing enough on the pitch.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Way to go, Liverpool!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Why do Europeans routinely carry around flares?

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
                  heh, and if Liverpool win, Everton won't get in the CL even if they finish 4th.. Now that'd make a lot Reds I know quite happy
                  It's up to the FA, Everton get the place unless the FA choose not to give it to them. Personally I think that'd be very harsh but it seems to be every Liverpool fan's wet dream, win the Champs league, finish 5th and get put into the champions league anyway at the expense of Everton.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Dunno, you'd never get that into English stadium i think. Only been to a few premiership games, but your bags get checked, you get patted down etc. In southern europe it seems to be slightly less stringent.

Comment

• Seen it all now...an american buggin us on why we carry flares...

It's our birthright!!!
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• ....WAY TO GO PSV....and now only AZ has to win and we are heading for some good times
                        Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
                          Dunno, you'd never get that into English stadium i think. Only been to a few premiership games, but your bags get checked, you get patted down etc. In southern europe it seems to be slightly less stringent.
                          I've never been patted down at a football match but I've never taken a bag either so I don't know if they check those. Probably.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                            Seen it all now...an american buggin us on why we carry flares...

It's our birthright!!!
                            The correct response would be so that you could send up an SOS if confronted by a tourist from Florida.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Hmm it's been awhile since i last went (98 iirc), think that was during the big clampdown. Both at Stamford Bridge and The Valley I got frisked. Same at Twickenham for rugby games btw, though tbh i think they're more worried that you don't buy your beer from their stands but bring it yuorself :P

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH

It's up to the FA, Everton get the place unless the FA choose not to give it to them. Personally I think that'd be very harsh but it seems to be every Liverpool fan's wet dream, win the Champs league, finish 5th and get put into the champions league anyway at the expense of Everton.
                                There is a precedent set (although admittedly with the Spanish FA) with Madrid a few years back, they finished third in La Liga but won the CL and were given the second Spanish qualifying spot (when Spain were only given two).

Thats all for the future though....hopefully

Comment

Working...
                                X