No announcement yet.

Gmail to double storage to 2GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can just store everything there and it's not on my hdd, it's 2gb of a free hd
    Considering that my real hd is only 3 gigs, that's a very tempting offer.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Considering that hard disk space costs Google less than $1/GB, this isn't that big of deal for them. It looks to me like they are trying to track their $1 per e-mail account per year model that they instituted last year.

I am using 11% of my account now (out of 1,368 MB). Nice increase.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It looks like Google is trying to own April 1.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

pw3nd you all.

Now just shy of 1500MB
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

There's a counter updating in real time on the GMail frontpage.

Comment

my current gmail usage is only 1 MB.
              my yahoo mail usage is 11% of 250MB (so maybe 2.7MB)
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Delete your yahoo account, stay with google.

Yes yes I know, everyone you know only knows your yahoo account. Well you are going to have to make the change sooner or later, might aswell do it now.
                be free

Comment

I almost never go to GMail anymore. I have it configured for POP access.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Why? Gmail has an awesome interface.

Comment

I agree
                      be free

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Why? Gmail has an awesome interface.
                        Of course you'd say that GMail has an awesome interface. You use Windows.

Those of us used to a proper GUI tend to expect something more.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't think we're talking about the prettiness, we're talking about the functionality.

Of course you'd say the clients you use have better interfaces, you value prettiness over functionality.

I don't know of any GUI clients that properly integrated gmail search, nor gmail labels...they all download all email locally and then use much slower search/virtual folder mechanisms to do the same thing.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                            Yes you do, do you want one? I have 50 to offer. PM me your email address those who want one.
                            Check your PM's then!!!
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I believe I read somewhere that Google now offer every 5th or 10th (or something like that) visitor to gmails page to sign up, so you can be lucky to get an email account without anyone inviting you
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

More annoying is the 10mb per message limit. Have they upped that? Gmail is blocked at work so I can't check.
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X