Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo news said that the Italian agency claimed a "device" hooked up to the pope that monitored his brainwaves had gone flat, but the Vatican has denied he's hooked up to any such thing and says he's still alive.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• RIP
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• The Pope or this thread?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Too soon, Rah.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I heard on the radio that he died... but apparanlty cable news says he is still alive...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• In Italian, but as close to the source as I could get. All Vatican related news sites seem to be flooded.

It seems to update as soon as there is something to report.
              The monkeys are listening.

Comment

• Whether the man is dead or not right now, it seems he does not have much time and will be dead soon. I think maybe he decided to let go.

I deeply disagree with many of JPII's policies- I find his attack on liberation theology terrible, and one that probably has helped the Church lose ground in Latin America to the damned pentacostals, and his policies on family planning utterly backwards. That said, I respect the man deeply- he is one of the few religious leaders I believe not to be a flaming hypocrite, and has done so much to try to reach out globally- he is the most travelled human being in history.

I don't think any of the cardinals out there can hold a candle for him, and his loss will be a huge blow to the church at a time it is loosing support in most places. A European will probably be the next choice, an Italian yet again is likely, and cause popes now live longer after getting elected, we might be looking at another 20 year papacy, but this time it will hurt.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Not dead yet, but aparantly close:

And GePap, I think yes...he has decided to let go.

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

So, you do care.

This translator on FOX news is stumbling a lot.

But at least they have a translator.

ACK!
                    okay I can't care less about the pope. That still doesn't look right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

okay I can't care less about the pope. That still doesn't look right.
                      Try couldn't.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Finally. He is as dead as Arafat.
                        money sqrt evil;
                        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

• no he isn't

Comment

• It's really unforgivable that in a moment of someone's death some Apolytoners can't see in him nothing more than ideological enemy whoose views You can't even understand or respect.
                            Alva, chegitz etc - I pity You.
                            I find pope a very warm personality. When it comes to his views, they are based in previous catholic teachings and he can not be "blamed" for them. While I understand and respect conservative catholic views on sexuality, I hope they may be changed, but not because of the external pressure. They can't do it because liberal atheists want that.
                            And, of course, abortion, at least since the formation of brain, should always remained banned by the church.
                            JPII was one of the strongest personaities of his times, whatever You say. He did much to reconcile with other churches, judaism and islam. I in fact want to say: too much, but we can not be pride and stick to our meaningless rights if it means conflict with others. If others practiced this virtue in their lives, world would have been better.
                            I fear what might happen in Poland. Death of JPII will be seen as a national tragedy. TV is full of pope, and his personality was perhaps the only thing that kept the church together, as it is torn apart between the mainline and ultra-conservative fractions.
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                              Whether the man is dead or not right now, it seems he does not have much time and will be dead soon. I think maybe he decided to let go.

I deeply disagree with many of JPII's policies- I find his attack on liberation theology terrible, and one that probably has helped the Church lose ground in Latin America to the damned pentacostals, and his policies on family planning utterly backwards. That said, I respect the man deeply- he is one of the few religious leaders I believe not to be a flaming hypocrite, and has done so much to try to reach out globally- he is the most travelled human being in history.

I don't think any of the cardinals out there can hold a candle for him, and his loss will be a huge blow to the church at a time it is loosing support in most places. A European will probably be the next choice, an Italian yet again is likely, and cause popes now live longer after getting elected, we might be looking at another 20 year papacy, but this time it will hurt.
                              Agreed.

I recently saw the movie Luther. I was impressed at just how well educated Luther was. Both a lawyer and a doctor of philosophy, he had great influence due to the power of his ideas as much as from the power of his character.

Pope JP II shares this characteristic with Luther. He holds two Phd's and may be the best educated Pope in history.

But his character was also shaped by living under both Nazism and Communism. Such a man no longer exists in this world even if we were to find a very well educated priest to replace JP II.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Herresson, another Pole just appeared on TV and said something similar. He said he feared for his country with the passing of "its" Pope.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X