Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know, is it just me or am I seeing Republicans doing things WRT to federal power that Democrats never had the balls to do?

And seeing the GOP spread its *** cheeks for the social right-wingers is cringe-worthy. My God. Another step closer to religious tyranny. These bastards actually had the gonads to claim they were being persecuted in America? Whatever. Then again, it should be interesting to see just how many of the moralists speak up on and take action against the death penalty, as I hear some of them are starting to do. So maybe it's not all that bad. Just 90 percent so.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

and if you guys are confused, I'm taking 2 positions on this issue.

I think the husband is lying and is a scumbag, but I do not like republicans and the federal goverment enacting laws for 1 person.

Comment

And I think the family are a bunch of lying scumbags trying to libel a loving husband, and I think the federal government is overstreaching their bounds and using this sleazy family for its own ends.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          And I think the family are a bunch of lying scumbags trying to libel a loving husband
          Indeed.Why would they released doctored tapes otherwise?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            and this is why america is going down the drain - because power is no longer checked, because laws are being administered by the executive/ legislature instead of the judiciary, and this is why america has started its fall from power, much like rome did 8 centurie ago.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              And I think the family are a bunch of lying scumbags trying to libel a loving husband, and I think the federal government is overstreaching their bounds and using this sleazy family for its own ends.
              I still think loving husband is a joke. While I don't blame him for having a girlfriend and children with said girlfriend, it doesn't mean he was right to do it.

Wedding vows say "til death do us part", not, " til your wife is in a vegetative state."

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Guys - opinions on the individuals involved go here, in Alva's thread. It's the one GePap linked to at the beginning of this thread.

Most of the opinions have been nicely on topic, i.e. federal intervention on the case. Please, let's keep the two threads seperate, I started this one when the name-calling had totally obscured the issues in the other thread.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

The USA executes its own citizens every day but won't let a citizen die according to their own wishes. Truly bizarre.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                    does my estranged husband keep the right and authority to pull the plug.
                    Unless you were legally seperated, yes.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The USA executes its own citizens every day but won't let a citizen die according to their own wishes. Truly bizarre.
                      Terry tell you that personally, because she didn't tell anyone else.

Because executing murderers is SOOO the same thing.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

She told many people what her wishes were and this is why every court case ended with her right to die being confirmed. Check the records yourself.

Of course now the religious nutjobs have got hold of her, they'll keep her body alive till it rots.

Executing murderers is the same thing. Its mindless cruelty, unfit for a civilised society.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                          Terry tell you that personally, because she didn't tell anyone else.
                          In the other thread, someone reported there are two other witnesses, including one of Terry's brothers.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Don't think the president should have become involved. I don't know much about this situation, I don't really care for it because it doesn't seem very important. A woman is a vegetable, the husband claims she gave him permission to let her die or perform euthanasia which he intends to do, whereas her family wants her to keep living?

Tough one. Philosophically speaking I'd leave it in the hands of the doctors. Legally I suppose it must rest with the next of kin. If her request was false then obviously the husband shouldn't be allowed to get his way.

If it was true, well I have no opposition to euthanasia. When people have suffered and they decide they want no more, who is the state to decide if they can exercise the ultimate "right" of their life, over their own bodies and will... put simply it's theirs to kill, not the states'.

I don't know if Bush is forcing some tired Christian "preserve the protein of every WASP" dictat on them, if so then . If he's merely enforcing some antiquated and unjust law, then merely .
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Executing murderers is the same thing. Its mindless cruelty, unfit for a civilised society.
                              So Terry is the same thing as a murderer?
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

By that logic, you would prosecute those who attempt suicide with a charge of attempted murder. I think there is a fundamental difference with taking anothers life forcefully without consent, and helping another to die of their own free will, with their own consent.

The two are only equable by the fact that death results which is a superficial similarity, there can be no comparisons between capital punishment and euthanasia.
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X