Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what drudge says, anybody hear this, I'm unable to for some reason.

DRUDGE RADIO to present audio of Terri Schiavo 'responding to her father on Friday, immediately following the removal of her feeding tube'.... Check local listings...

Comment

Comment

OH BOY DRUDGERADIO... HOW ABOUT SOME PRAVDA AND AL JAZEERA NEXT?!

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I would think this audio would be more akin to what is heard on Art Bell.

Comment

Its called the "Palm Sunday Compromise" - what complete and utter Bull****. This personal matter has been blown far too out of proportion.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                plop gurgle gurgle gurgle
                drinking the kool-aid are we?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What a farce.

I liked the final two speakers on the issue in the house, the minority whip, and Tom "the scumbag" DeLay.

The Minority whipe form Maryland gave a 5 minutes speech, stating that this was an iontrusion of federal powers, that he saw it a s adangerous sing fo congress shopping for venues-and beyond that, that if one read the 50 page report of the Court appointed investigator who spent 20 days with this woman, that his report was very conlusive on the issue of the state of this woman- that essentially Terry Schiavo had had full due process afforded here, and the courts had made a ruling, and it was not Congresses place to step in.

The DeLay gave a short statement that whether the legal issues might be complicated, the moral issue was simple- that Congress could not let a woman be let to die of thirst, and that Congress had to act to save Terry.

So, from the few House dems opposing this (cowardly Senate Dems ): The courts that have jurisdiction have made rulings, they have made statements of facts, its not congresse role to get involved.
                  From DeLay: Who cares about the law, we have a moral imperative.

Maybe its just me, but I think it a slap in the face of not only states rights bu the power of the judiciary in this country to have Congress making laws specifically meant to shoip for venues and undermine the courts cause they have some moral crusade.

What more proof does anyone want that this republican leadership has screwed up values?
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As many conservative columnists have stated (Peggy Noonan, anyone?), this is a battle that will only tarnish the Republicans if Terry dies.
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

UNless Terry gets up and starts jumping around, I think its likely the federal courts, once they start examining facts, will come to the same finding of fact as the State courts, and we will end in the same place.

I really hope someone challenges the constitutionality of this law. Its a horrible precendent.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Bush has signed it into law. It's now in the hands of the Federal courts

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          OH BOY DRUDGERADIO... HOW ABOUT SOME PRAVDA AND AL JAZEERA NEXT?!

Do you actually listen to his show? No. You just go by what commie liberal websites tell you to say.

He has a good show. you should have heard it today. He's against all this goverment intervention (both this case and in baseball).

And yes I'm a democrat. But I'm not a person who closes his mind to what the other side has to say. Occasionally conservatives are right about some issues.

Comment

Good for him. Now if only he could stop being such a scumbag...

Comment

bush has signed

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                                Good for him. Now if only he could stop being such a scumbag...
                                If you are talking about Schiavo's husband, then yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X