This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT?!

The two types of courts in the US are criminal and CIVIL. The federal court system deals in both criminal and civil cases. This does not touch on federal law at all, so its up to the state's civil courts to deal with the issue.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      WHAT?!

The two types of courts in the US are criminal and CIVIL. The federal court system deals in both criminal and civil cases. This does not touch on federal law at all, so its up to the state's civil courts to deal with the issue.
      Thats what i meant if the cause has nothing tho do with criminal actions it doesnt go there. I screwed up on that statement sorry.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Yeah, but since it doesn't go with criminal, it goes to STATE CIVIL courts. And that is where it has been.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

When it comes to the law I admit I know very little to **** about it. accept I have been in jail before and dont want to go back. so ignore my idiotic comments.
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Out of curiosity. How many of you have a will with instructions on what to do in case of vegetative states etc.?

I certainly don't. But that's because I'm immortal.

Comment

I told my parents to pull the plug.

Congress

Republicans

Bush
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm really surprised this is getting as much attention as it is, because it probably happens several times a day throughout the US.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Hmmm, there are days I'm not proud to be a republican, and this is one of them. Totally absurd. We have way more important things to worry about and not wasting time on steriods and this.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Id answer but I havent pulled my foot out of my mouth yet

Comment

This law is another gross intervention by the Federal Government on State's rights.

My beef is with the Florida State Legislature and the people of Florida for letting this happen to her...

and with The US Congress for once again sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Believe this or not this story hit the front page in san antonio top head lines the story is claiming its a right to life issue and a precedent waiting to happen. The family claims that if this woman is left to die, This will set up cases where any person will be able to come in and pull the plug.

Comment

uhhh... she is not a vegetable

she is in the hospital for "falling over"
                          they found evidence of broken neck bones that had healed years before the incident but she never went to the doctors for them. initially she was given physical therapy and she started to walk and talk, this was after air was mysteriously cut off from her (not a heart attack as some media outlets have reported). Howefver, the husband stopped the therapy. The breathing incident led to a malpractice suit where the husband gets a large settlement if she dies.

The husband had a kid with another women within a year of shiavo being in the hospital, he has had another since, and lives with the woman.

he has turned down offers ranging from 1-10 million from businessmen who want her to remain alive

congress doesnt have to make an antieuthanasia law, they can make a law stating that if anyone in a near vegatative state who can improve through a minimum of six months of physical therapy must be given a reasonable amount of time to recover...
                          I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                            Believe this or not this story hit the front page in san antonio top head lines the story is claiming its a right to life issue and a precedent waiting to happen. The family claims that if this woman is left to die, This will set up cases where any person will be able to come in and pull the plug.
                            The family is retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

The family is retarded.
                              In a way these folks might have a point Example
                              Say i am married to tubes, we get seperated i never told him i want to be unplugged if something happened. Our divorce isnt even planned I have been living without him for will say a year. I move on and fall and become what terri shciavo is. does my estranged husband keep the right and authority to pull the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by sprucemoose3311
                                uhhh... she is not a vegetable

she is in the hospital for "falling over"
                                they found evidence of broken neck bones that had healed years before the incident but she never went to the doctors for them. initially she was given physical therapy and she started to walk and talk, this was after air was mysteriously cut off from her (not a heart attack as some media outlets have reported). Howefver, the husband stopped the therapy. The breathing incident led to a malpractice suit where the husband gets a large settlement if she dies.

The husband had a kid with another women within a year of shiavo being in the hospital, he has had another since, and lives with the woman.

he has turned down offers ranging from 1-10 million from businessmen who want her to remain alive

congress doesnt have to make an antieuthanasia law, they can make a law stating that if anyone in a near vegatative state who can improve through a minimum of six months of physical therapy must be given a reasonable amount of time to recover...
                                what a bunch of crap... do you have any links to support your wild and inaccurate claims?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X