Why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got any of that.

Hash cakes used to put one of my friends out though. It also gave him a hard on, and the chicks would stand around pointing at it showing through his trousers and laughing.

He was mortified when he eventually found out.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      People who have never smoked pot have unrealistic ideas about what it does.

It turns you into a giggling, happy, hungry idiot, and that's about it.

Side effects for me included bloodshot eyes, a new appreciation for reggae, and a sore face from smiling too much.
      exactly... too many anti-pot morons have believed the BS in those movies... what was it called? REEFER MADNESS!!??!? ZOMGF!#!#@

MARIJUANA IS TEH DEFVIL!!!@@!

MRAIJUANA SPELLED TEH BACKWEARDS IS SATAN!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Why not?

Originally posted by Asher
        I honestly am dumbfounded. With the recent news of the 4 deaths in Alberta from the RCMP officers raiding a grow-op, the debate has ignited again.

The buzz is now all about how evil Marijuana clearly is.

Why is it banned? When demand for it is so high, and so many people use it (its use is increasnig in Canada last I checked), why do we still make people go to shady dealers for it? Why do we create this massive, profitable black market that profits organized crime and breeds violence?

The responsible thing to do is legalize the possession of, and distribution of, and growing of, marijuana. Eliminate the black market, regulate it, and tax it.

The only reason marijuana is a 'gateway drug' is because it forces users to deal with dealers, who likely try to push them into harder, more expensive drugs.

We need to legalize marijuana, and we need to educate people about it.

It's irresponsible to do otherwise. Four brave RCMP officers lost their lives to a career criminal who is using the black market for marijuana to make money. Remove that source of income from these scumbags, use the tax money from marijuana and put it directly in the health care system instead.
        You do know that they smoke pot right?

Legalize it, but fire them if they use it. You should be a politician.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

We had to read Go Ask Alice at school. Apparently that was written by the feds.

It got embarrassing, because all the Maori kids in our class were telling the teacher how wrong the book was.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
            Asher the computer geek joins the unemployed commies for the common goal of legalizing pot.

I blame Apple.
            Tune in next week, when Asher buys an ipod mini and loads it up with Spandau Ballet.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              I never got any of that.
              Depends on how much and how strong it is with me, the colours is more a blurring effect though.

Anyway, I'm not much that of a pot fan to begin with anyway.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Because it is harmless if taken by healthy adults in moderate amounts.
                I knew a guy who drank a bottle of rum a day and killed himself with drink. That doesn't mean that alcohol is harmful to healthy people in moderate amounts.
                Some people who are otherwise perfectly healthy shouldn't drink. Same with pot. The drug, and it is a drug has been very misleading to the people who have ended up using pot, because they are not given the caveat that it will make mental illness worse.

You see the impact on society that alcohol has, and my question to you, is it worth this cost in order to legalise the drug? Pot is not harmless, and legalising it will see more people like my friend in the hospital after smoking something supposedly harmless.

Hell, if you have a heart condition, sex can be fatal. Are we going to ban sex too?
                I can't believe you are arguing that it's the same as having a drink. Man, I wouldn't want to be your partner.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben. It is. I've smoked the stuff. If you are expecting pink elephants and visions of Jesus then you'll be sadly disappointed.

I can't believe that someone who has neither had premarital sex or smoked pot has opinions on how bad they are for you.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well, I'm sure more people die each year because of sex than people die because using pot.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I've drank and gotten drunk before.

I would hope sex to be more fun.

I can't believe that someone who has neither had premarital sex or smoked pot has opinions on how bad they are for you.
                      I don't need to go to New York to know that there is a Statue of Liberty.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

You see the impact on society that alcohol has, and my question to you, is it worth this cost in order to legalise the drug? Pot is not harmless, and legalising it will see more people like my friend in the hospital after smoking something supposedly harmless.
                        You are making the ignorant assumption that pot's illegality is doing much of anything to curb usage. It's not. All prohibition does is give criminals an avenue to make money. Even if we assume pot is this big evil drug (which it's not, it's a gift from god), prohibition does nothing to curb usage or help people who abuse the substance. All it does is make criminals out of people that need addiction help.

Prohibition is a terrible failure. You can read about prohibition of alcohol and see how miserable it failed. You can see the effects prohibition has on society, but yet you still argue for it? Do you have no ability to reason?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As long as it's good sex, they have no cause to complain.

"We took risks... we knew we took them... etc."
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              I've drank and gotten drunk before.

I would hope sex to be more fun.
                              Oh man, are you in for some major dissapointment.

Comment

You are making the ignorant assumption that pot's illegality is doing much of anything to curb usage. It's not.
                                Let's see.

To smoke pot, I have to go to a dealer rather than buying it from a store. I don't have any guarantees as to the purity and the quality of the product.

There is also a stigma to it's use. Perhaps not in your crowd, but certainly in mine, a stigma not attached to moderate drinking.

Legalisation would likely change both of these impediments, and increase usage.

Prohibition is a terrible failure. You can read about prohibition of alcohol and see how miserable it failed. You can see the effects prohibition has on society, but yet you still argue for it? Do you have no ability to reason?
                                How was prohibition a failure?

Comment

Working...
                                X