No announcement yet.

Why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a thought I need! Having a hannibal lecture moment...
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

You know, if my wife mentioned my genitals online, I'd be mortified.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I seem to have that effect on married women
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

It doesn't matter. Once Remanabant reaches mass production stage it's going to be dumped into the water supply by the government using the excuse that obesity, alcoholism and tobacco abuse are at least as serious public health problems as tooth decay!
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

If that were true, imagine the effects on wildlife with all that drug going into the rivers.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Why be mortified. It is a fact that you have them. Besides i didnt give any specifics on his not that i would and being a nurse he is used to the fact that im am very comforatble talking bout this subject.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                Why be mortified. It is a fact that you have them.
                Yes, but I don't like anyone to think about that.

Comment

Che i hate to say this but working in the or for the past ten years i have seen my share of them every day more then five times a day believe me if your have nots are mentioned i dont think about them to me its just anatomy.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Mrs: Yes my husband has a penis
                    Mr: SILENCE!!

Comment

• When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        If that were true, imagine the effects on wildlife with all that drug going into the rivers.
                        You mean the rampant alcohol and marijuana abuse among the nations fauna? Not to worry. Maybe there would be an increased incidence of tourists being maimed by animals going cold turkey for a few weeks, but once past the detoxification period Bambi and Yogi should pretty much return to normal.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          You know, if my wife mentioned my genitals online, I'd be mortified.
                          Did she mention it hangs to me my knee?

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney
                            nah, i'm pretty sure the price would come down, it's all down to economies of scale and middle men.
                            Maybe where you live but not in this country. It can't get much cheaper here w/o the users being paid to smoke it.

now if it were legalised, all these small time growers and middle men would be cut out.
                            Why?

a big company isn't going to buy from some dude with half a dozen plants in his room, and they're not going to let it pass through ten people's hands to get to the shops, so yes i think it would be very much cheaper
                            And we all know how the "big company" will keep prices down. Just look at cigarettes and alcohol for examples. Both are cheaper on the 'grey' or black market than retail.

Pot would be the same. Excessive taxation will more than make up for economies of scale and prices will rise.

Btw, 4 pages of posts and still no Liberal to defend this government's policy. How do Liberals get elected when they are so hard to find and so reluctant to defend their policy?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• legalize pot, and regulate it like tobacco.

legalize tomacco, and regulate it like pot.

and wiglaf, onion, wtf?
                              B♭3

Comment

• well i'm not sure how things are done in canada, but over here the reason it can't really get much cheaper is simply the number of hands it has to pass through to get from the source to the user and the fact each one of them wants paying for his trouble.

as others have said it costs very, very little to produce weed, so when you take out the middle men then the mark up all but disappears. now you can put plenty of taxes on this amount without it getting even close to the current 'retail' price.

the difference between 'black' market cigs and booze and weed (besides the fact the ciggies and booze is produced quite legally) is that a lorry load of ciggies is going to go through 1 or 2 people before it reaches the pubs/shops where it will be sold to the customers. a lorry load of weed will pass through at least 10 people's hands before it gets to the customer.

touching for a moment on what reds4ever said about pills, the same is true but there would certainly be a greater reduction in price for weed than for pills if they were legalised, simply because ecstasy is unbelievably cheap these days.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X