Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did German defeat in WW2 become inevitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler was the embodiment of good old fashioned European superstition and bigotry transplanted into the 20th century. His death and dsigrace was the last gasp of the essetial spirit of the old order. Litterally he had to die for the sins of Europe's past.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

and 50 millions with him. so true, that just had to happen so all the old bigotry could die out... too bad you can still find it, if less strongly than many outsiders would claim anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        would that have been good? when this country was remembering the July 20 '44 assassination, I came across another interesting thought: if Hitler had died in that attempt, he would have become a martyr and people would still say we could have won the war had he survived. how good would it be for Germany and the rest of the world if the territorial gains in the east would still be ours (there would still be war with France and the UK, mind), and the person who at the same time had Jews and political opponents put in concentration camps would have dies at the height of his fame?
        But Hitler did die! It was just kept secret, and a man resembling Him was used to hide his absence.
        That's why Germany's lost the war!
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

But Hitler did die! It was just kept secret, and a man resembling Him was used to hide his absence.
          That's why Germany's lost the war!
          Why did you capitalize "him" when referring to Hitler? Is he some sort of deity to you? I can't wait to tell your Polish buddies. I predict a short life span for you.

Comment

I really don't think ANYone in that government would have kept up that stupid way of leadership. apart from Goebbels who would have kept absolutely no power without Hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Why did you capitalize "him" when referring to Hitler? Is he some sort of deity to you? I can't wait to tell your Polish buddies. I predict a short life span for you.
              If You haven't noticed, I capitalise every "He", "Him", "You" etc
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

If You haven't noticed, I capitalise every "He", "Him", "You" etc
                You worship everybody? Good heavens man! You need an emergerncy course in self esteem!

Comment

maybe he's just a sucker wiiith no self esteem oh hey yeah....

Comment

Hey! hey!
                    Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                      That is another historically impossible scenario. Japan would attack the US, that's just a question of when.

Can't disagree with that.
                      I can...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• me too

welcome to 3-digit-land

Comment

• hitler didn't die for anyones sins. He was just your average politically zealous bozo with half baked 'ideals,' who by some chance of history actually ofund himself in charge.

People like hitler are 2 a dozen at uni's and stuff, with extreme views and so on, imagine if any of them took over

The battle of britain was key, as it meant that there would be a stalemate between germany/UK (Germany would never have the air power to invade).

Also, the submarine warfare was important, i htink churchill said it almost bought UK to its knees....
                          eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip

You can order it from Paradox's E-Butik now if you want the game.
                            PC Lamer gave it a 91%. Damn!
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• You still believe those game reviews?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

I can...
                                Are you saying that Japanese military and foreign policy wasn't taking Japan into direct conflict with the United States?
                                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                                X