"Red Ken" ruffles jewish feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What "treatment" is he refering to?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
      some are, some arent. I know what you were called during the anti Apartheid struggle if you pointed out that Buthelezi opposed the ANC and its agenda for South Africa.

Doesn't make it any less ridiculous. Although it is funny that someone who supports an apartheid state would wish to bring up this example.
      I dont support any apartheid state. I support Israel, where Israeli arabs have the same civil and political rights as Israeli Jews. (now the situation in the territories, , pre-Oslo, where Palestinians lived under Israeli rule but did not have Israeli citizenship, while Israeli settlers who moved from Israel to to the territories, retained their rights, was profoundly troubling, and was leading toward apartheid. Which is one reason that Yithak Rabin agreed to withdrawl from most of the territories - unfortunately he was murdered, by a racist Jew, for his brave acts, at a time when a final agreement with the Palestinians had not yet been reached. However the torch was taken up by Ehud Barak, who tried to reach an agreement that would have given the Palestinians there own state - but that was rejected by Yasser Arafat.

Barak was succeeded by Sharon, whom one could have suspected of wanting to hang on to the territories - one couldnt know if his blaming arafat was real or an excuse as long as Arafat was alive. But now Arafat is dead, and Sharon is being tested - and so far, he seems to be moving firmly toward peace.

But what does this have to do with Ken Livingstone, again?
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The whole conversation:

Ken Livingstone made his comments to Oliver Finegold when the reporter questioned him at a party to celebrate Chris Smith "coming out" as the first openly gay MP 20 years ago. This is a transcript of their conversation:

Oliver Finegold: Mr Livingstone, Evening Standard. How did tonight go?

Livingstone: How awful for you. Have you thought of having treatment?

Finegold: How did tonight go?

Livingstone: Have you thought of having treatment?

Finegold: Was it a good party? What does it mean for you?

Livingstone: What did you do before? Were you a German war criminal?

Finegold: No, I'm Jewish, I wasn't a German war criminal and I'm actually quite offended by that. So, how did tonight go?

Livingstone: Ah right, well you might be [Jewish], but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard, you are just doing it because you are paid to, aren't you?

Finegold: Great, I have you on record for that. So, how was tonight?

Livingstone: It's nothing to do you with you because your paper is a load of scumbags and reactionary bigots.

Finegold: I'm a journalist and I'm doing my job. I'm only asking for a comment.

Livingstone: Well, work for a paper that doesn't have a record of supporting facism.

Livingstone then walked off.

Red Ken must be a mega-bigot given the party he was at.
        and where exactly did the reporter suggest he was a bigot for the party he attended? He asked how it went. WTF is wrong with that. The normal answer would be "it went fine, we're proud of the progress we've made on human rights in this country"
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Being in a mental hospital I think.

From what I've read, it looks as if Livingstone was trying to accuse this journo of being a fascist and a racist. Presumably, calling him a concentration camp guard was meant to be a deep insult, and one that the journo probably deserved given the editorial standards of his paper.

i.e. the context is: "You complain about being called offensive names when your paper does nothing but publish bigoted rot - hypocrite".

I see that Livingstone has let a full broadside rip at the paper since then. More power to him.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

the palestinians have suffered historically, and deserve a state of their own. That has nothing to do with Ken livingstone, or concentration camp guards. See thats why folks like Foxman see a link between antizionism and antisemitism - half the time the "antizionists" are really obsessed with Jews, the holocaust, and jews complaints about antisemitism without regard to mideast politics. Note that the nasty comments on this thread happened well before any mention was made of Israel or Palestine. That tends to get thrown in later.

That sounds like paranoia to me.
            It just happened in front of your face and you deny it?
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• and where exactly did the reporter suggest he was a bigot for the party he attended? He asked how it went. WTF is wrong with that. The normal answer would be "it went fine, we're proud of the progress we've made on human rights in this country"

You don't understand Dude. Try living in England and reading those papers. They're bastards of the first order, who hound people like Livingstone and print trash about them. They routinely spout the most vile bigotry against minorities and have a terrible record of support for fascism.

Don't try to make this about you. It seems that Livingstone was basically calling the guy out as a hypocrite. The rest has just been spun.

This is evident by Livingstone making a point of accusing the paper of supporting fascism - it did. That puts the controversial comments in context.

All in all it makes a lot more sense now. So stop whining, and find some real racists to moan about.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Seems to me that Livingstone had bit of bad luck, and didn't see the warning lights in time.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• It just happened in front of your face and you deny it?

Do you get paranoid about everything Fez and co say about us?

I don't.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I think he missed the "half the time" - he responded as if id said "all the time" which i deliberately did not. Just shows you cant win with some people, I guess.

Comment

and where exactly did the reporter suggest he was a bigot for the party he attended? He asked how it went. WTF is wrong with that. The normal answer would be "it went fine, we're proud of the progress we've made on human rights in this country"

You don't understand Dude. Try living in England and reading those papers. They're bastards of the first order, who hound people like Livingstone and print trash about them. They routinely spout the most vile bigotry against minorities and have a terrible record of support for fascism.

Don't try to make this about you. It seems that Livingstone was basically calling the guy out as a hypocrite. The rest has just been spun.

This is evident by Livingstone making a point of accusing the paper of supporting fascism - it did. That puts the controversial comments in context.

All in all it makes a lot more sense now. So stop whining, and find some real racists to moan about.
                      This post is how this thread should have gone, without any personal comments about people or Jews.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Seems to me that Livingstone had bit of bad luck, and didn't see the warning lights in time.

I think he's doing it on purpose to confront the Mail group. About time someone did - they are vile.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• This post is how this thread should have gone, without any personal comments about people or Jews.

LOTM deserves to be commented upon. He thinks I am an anti-semite and insinuates so whenever he can. Screw him.

I'm not responsible for Kamrat's comments.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

[
                            Don't try to make this about you. .
                            the poster who put jews in the thread title made it about me - and not just me.

Comment

Seems to me that Livingstone had bit of bad luck, and didn't see the warning lights in time.

I think he's doing it on purpose to confront the Mail group. About time someone did - they are vile.
                              Then he's stupid. There's plenty of ways to insult Jewish journos that don't open you up for anti-semite charges the way this did.

Comment

Do you get paranoid about everything Fez and co say about us?
                                It wouldn't be paranoid to note that he says such things nor to point out he's a jerk for saying such things. LotM wasn't being paranoid when he described the course this thread took. He was just describing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X