"Red Ken" ruffles jewish feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon
    This post is how this thread should have gone, without any personal comments about people or Jews.

LOTM deserves to be commented upon. He thinks I am an anti-semite and insinuates so whenever he can. Screw him.

Ive tried throughout to respond throughout to the material in individual posts, and not to the poster. If there are instance where I havent, let me know.

Im not going to discuss your motivations - i can think of many besides antisemitism, not all of them complimentary. But this isnt about you.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

This post is how this thread should have gone, without any personal comments about people or Jews.

LOTM deserves to be commented upon. He thinks I am an anti-semite and insinuates so whenever he can. Screw him.
      And you disproved him how? I was mortified by both you and Kamrat X's comments in this thread.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• nm
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• And you disproved him how? I was mortified by both you and Kamrat X's comments in this thread

Good for you.

I don't see anything particularly anti-semitic in objecting to LOTM shoving his Zionist narcissism in my face. It would be just as much of a pain in the ass if he was Catholic.

I don't feel any compulsion to think better of people just because they are Jewish, or any less for that matter.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

And you disproved him how? I was mortified by both you and Kamrat X's comments in this thread

Good for you.

I don't see anything particularly anti-semitic in objecting to LOTM shoving his Zionist narcissism in my face. .

but of course at the time the objectionable posts occured, i had said nothing Zionist. I was expressing sentiments a non-zionist jew could have shared.

This is sounding kinda like the muslim sermons that talk about muhammed defeating the "Zionists" in Medina, at a time when there were no Zionists in arabia, but plenty of Jews.

NOTE well - I dont know your motivation for this use of language, and it need not be due to antisemitism. Language habits can take on their own lives, i think. Sometimes "zionist" seems to not mean "Supporter of Israel" nor does it mean "jew" - rather it means ANY assertive Jew - an antizionist Yiddish bundist would be called a Zionist, for aggressively asserting Jewish communal rights.

Comment

• "People must ask themselves why this earthquake occurred in this area and not others... Whoever examines these areas discovers that they are tourism areas....where the forbidden acts are widespread, as well as alcohol consumption, drug use and acts of abomination... Don’t they deserve punishment from Allah?"

the words of a sheik Mayor livingstone invited to a conference and described as a "moderate".

Comment

• but of course at the time the objectionable posts occured, i had said nothing Zionist. I was expressing sentiments a non-zionist jew could have shared.

If you bothered reading back, you would see that I made reference to the fact that this was a general phenomenon, extending beyond this thread.

Your wonderful article from the ADL proved that admirably.

This is sounding kinda like the muslim sermons that talk about muhammed defeating the "Zionists" in Medina, at a time when there were no Zionists in arabia, but plenty of Jews

So, I'm in league with Islamist clerics now?

I have to go outside; the rain has doused my burning cross.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

• The thriving tourist industry of Aceh being well-known ...

Well, the scary thing is that Livingstone might be right about him being a moderate.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Well, the scary thing is that Livingstone might be right about him being a moderate.

He's the mayor of London. He probably has to deal with a bunch of people he doesn't like - that's politics. Jeez the Queen once entertained Mr and Mrs Ceausescu.

What's awful is that you would be hard pressed to find as fervent an anti-racist as Ken Livingstone.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• None of which affects my point, actually.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• None of which affects my point, actually.

Troo.

...twas merely to provide context.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Red Ken must be a mega-bigot given the party he was at.
                          No, if he's a bigot, it's because of his comments, not his attendance.

Or are you suggesting that because he was at a party celebrating a gay MP, he couldn't possibly be a bigot? Does this mean a gay person can't be a bigot?
                          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• No, he's a bigot for his comments.

Or are you suggesting that because he was at a party celebrating a gay MP, he couldn't possibly be a bigot? Does this mean a gay person can't be a bigot?

Perhaps if you bothered looking at the context of his comments, you would change your mind.

But I strongly doubt it.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Perhaps if you bothered looking at the context of his comments, you would change your mind.
                              Hello. Person who originally posted the context to begin with, here.
                              "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• A thousand apologies.

It seems plain to me that he wanted to call the guy a Nazi and a hypocrite for working for that paper.

Given the nature of that media group and its history with him, I think that was entirely appropriate.

If he'd just come out and called the guy a Nazi, I would have been inclined to agree with you (and that was my initial impression) - but the fact that the point is the guy works for a "fascist" paper and is only "obeying orders".

If the journo wants to complain about this, what is he doing working for a media group with a history of nazi-loving, anti-semitism and racism?
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X