A dilemma fit for Valetine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dilemma fit for Valetine's Day

Ah, February. Not quite spring, doesn't really feel like winter, has a useless 'r' and an the occasional bastard extra day. Something is very wrong with this month. Maybe that's why it also hosts the dreaded St. Valentine's Day. You know Valentine's Day, that lovely day where you're reminded that everyone else in the world has someone but you. Personally, I don't think its a coincidence that it has the same initials as "venerial disease".

Some historically awful things have happened on the 14th of February.

- 2004: In a suburb of Moscow, Russia, the roof of the Transvaal water park collapses, killing more than 25 people, and wounding more than 100 others
    - 1945: The firebombing of Dresden, killing 25,000-35,000 people. Perhaps they were fed up with all those damn coconut-filled chocolates?
    - 1929: The St. Valentine's Day Massacre (probably the most famous). In a garage on North Clark Street in the gangland that was Chicago, suspected associates of Al Capone viciously murdered seven members of the rival gang the North Siders (headed by George "Bugs" Moran).
    - 1879: Chile occupies the Bolivian city of Antofagasta, beginning the War of the Pacific.
    - 1854: Texas is finally linked by telegraph to the rest of the United States. Future Americans would come to realize this as a "bad move".
    - 1779: In an apparent foresight of what this "holiday" would mean to millions of lonely people, natives on Hawaii clubbed Captain James Cook and stabbed him right through his heart.

Now, this brings me to my dilemma. I have never had a date specifically on Valentine's day.
    - Three years ago the girl I asked to just get some coffee laughed in my face.
    - Two years ago, a girl stood me up to go to New York City with another guy.
    - Last year my date and I missed the bus to an all-school dated (completely her fault, I was waiting at her place for her to finish getting ready because she had been very hung over that morning), and she refused to go anywhere else with me, saying I was "bad luck" (there are other instances previously with that girl in which things fell into Murphy's Law).
    So yeah, Valentine's Day historically hasn't been that great all around.

The Setup

So this year...I have this girl I'm incredibly in love with. We're completely compatible in every way. The only problem is she made out with three other guys at a party this weekend while I was at work, and one of them was the friend that told me I didn't have to worry about her getting herself into too much trouble (I'm not at all controlling, he just saw the look in my eyes when she said she was going to a party at a hotel...him going was a big relief to me...oh well).

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

She is of course incredibly sorry...she's pretty new at this whole being in love thing, as well as the college party scene (she's a freshman). I told her I needed a break to sort things out. I think I've almost sorted everything out, and I'm pretty sure that I both love her and still am IN love with her.

Things Get Interesting

Not 10 minutes after breaking up with her, I'm talking outside to some friends about it. This cute girl who had a thing for me last semester comes up and we start chatting. You know, the usual "haven't seen you for a while" stuff. I swear, two minutes after she discovers I broke up with Ariana, she says "you know, we really should hang out this weekend to catch up on things". Of course I say yes, and that I'll call her later.

The Call

So I called her...we talked for a bit. We decided we should go out. She can't do Friday or Sunday, I can't do Saturday. She says "well, I'm free Monday". I said sure...not really thinking at that point. Silly me...Monday is Valentine's Day. Of course...when I thought about it later that night, it seemed like the perfect idea to me.

Realization

I've realized that I'm still in love with my, uh...girlfriend-on-hiatus? But I'm not sure I still want to pursue her, at least not yet. But a very big part of me would rather spend Valentine's Day with her, mostly because I have a much better connection with her.

The Big Twists

There are two more twists to this story. The first being, this other girl and I are going to a party tomorrow night, and its a very safe bet that I will have the opportunity to sleep with her. I wanted to sleep with her last semester, when I didn't have a girlfriend, but I never got the chance. The chance is heavily there now, and I will be drunk...but I'm almost positive that'll screw up any chance I have to get back with my GOH if she finds out.

Of course...I might not have that chance anyway. You see, these two girls have names that follow each other in the phone book. And in my incredibly busy state yesterday, I accidently dialed the GOH's number and called her the Possible Screw's name. I covered really quickly, saying that I meant to be calling someone about class (heh...right...like I do homework). I don't know if she saw through it or not...but by the looks of her Away Message, she still wants me back.

So that's my VD dilemma. I know which way I'm leaning, but not sure about my follow through. Anyone with similar (or as close as you can get) circumstances should give advice. I only have a couple days to make the decisions.

Oh, and just because this is my dilemma, doesn't mean you can't talk about your own. I hope everyone can have as good a VD as possible.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

One qucik question you said the other the main gf made out with 3 other guys in one night is that correct.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

That is absolutely correct.

It was the first party we weren't at together during our relationship. I had to work until one.
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Ok for me i couldnt get the picture of this one doing more then one guy in the same night out of my head, ever. If you like the other girl but only for sex make sure you have you excuses lined up for when you have to see her again. Look for somebody else that blows your skirt up. If you cheat once youll do it again
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Just make sure you don't call out the wrong name in bed...
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Actually...I called my GOH the other girls name in bed once...but she didn't notice...and we weren't inflagrante delicto at the time.

Comment

Instead, call her a skank and end it there. If she hasn't enough sense to control herself and not to be a total slut for one weekend, she isn't worth the time of day to you. Don't put up with that crap or she'll walk all over you.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                Just make sure you don't call out the wrong name in bed...
                Yes please dont do that. Hey if you can get away with dating both why not? As for vd teach the one who wants you back a lesson.

Comment

"Yes, I went and infected myself with VD just to get even with you."
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I will stand next to my first opinion dump the cheater and find somebody worthy of ur time. Hard to do yes since you still care for the girl. But if im corect here you are #1 here if you want to give her a second chance up to u I wouldnt. As i said before once a cheater always a cheater.

Comment

once a cheater always a cheater... and you can take that to the bank and smoke it
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Tough love.

But it's really the best. Infidelity is one of the reasons I would break up with someone, and why I would need some serious impressions that either, she has changed her mind about you, and her responsibility for her own actions before taking her back.

She needs to say that she was to blame for what she did earlier, and to apologise to you for what she did.

That's what I did with my first girlfriend, albeit circumstances were somewhat different. I had been away for 3 months before she hooked up with someone else, due to university.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I dunno BK this is the whole reason I didnt take my ex husband back after we seperated. I couldnt get the pictures out of my head of him with other women. That and dont lie to me are the only rules tubes has in this marriage.

Comment

BK's love life is a whole other gambit, best suited for it's own thread... if not forum
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

It didn't work out between the two of us, because SHE couldn't trust me being away at university. So it really is true, that the problem with lying is that you learn not to trust others who are telling you the truth.

I took her back, because I wanted to forgive her, and to give her another chance, even though she didn't really deserve it.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X