Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republicans and Democrats already are warming up for 2008.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's got huge positive approval ratings. Has it fallen by that much so soon then John? It's been above 60% for quite a while and at some point last year was around 70%.

Last fall he was polling 63% approval.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Eh, that's fall of last year. The man just slashed 400,000 adults from the state health care rolls which pleases some people, pisses off others. It does kill 400,000 possible votes, though. And their spouses.

Comment

That's a lot of votes in one state. Tennesee has a population of less than six million. In fact, that number doesn't sound like it could be right. Is state health care just for state employees?

Comment

Poor people don't vote any way.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Clearly they do.

Comment

Naw, he disallowed all participation in TennCare for people between 18 and 65 (or thereabouts). There might be some exceptions (pregnant women), but I'm not too sure.

... Looking it up, it's actually 323,000, proposed by Bredesen.

Comment

Oh, it's open to the general public (sort of). I was thinking, no way does a state with 6 million people have 400,000+ government employees.

Comment

Whoops, I just noticed that Kerrey isn't even a senator anymore. I guess that's it, then. His only real achievement which'd matter in the primaries has been receiving the MoH... too bad for the US I guess, he's the kind of man which would be needed when fighting off corruption.

Eh, that's fall of last year. The man just slashed 400,000 adults from the state health care rolls which pleases some people, pisses off others. It does kill 400,000 possible votes, though. And their spouses.
                  You think they're all going to keep that vendetta in their hearts and minds forever? Three years to go for the primary...

Comment

McCain (despite him trying to shut down college gambling in my state)

Comment

Oh heavens.

Jeb married a brown person.

Some of the best fundies I know are brown.

Aggie:

Fair enough. However, your appraisal of Santorum is just one more reason why I would support him.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Arnold is losing popularity, not to mention the laws won't change for him. It turns out he does follow special interest groups after all. . He broke his campaign pledge.

Bush is going to have problems explaining all the child protection issues in Florida (and another one just a couple of days ago), and the right to die issue for that one woman could be a problem. though not for the conservatives, they'll vote for him.

Hillary won't be able to get enough support, and she's a woman (allegedly)

McCain probably is too old. Though an old president has been elected in the tv age (reagan), I don't see that happening unless we find someone with great charisma and speaking ability. I don't think McCain fits that bill.

Comment

Working...
                        X