No announcement yet.

Open Iraqi election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more thing about PR/FPTP: so much sectarian bull**** could've been undermined if they had FPTP instead of PR. That way, elections would be more about tangible local issues, rather than voting for your ethn-religious group.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

No it is not simple. You just don't get it do you? Some questions require more analysis and statement to them. You can't just answer "yes" or "no" because the answer can be both. It depends on the complexity of the subject and what is brought into question. You need to develop your relatively immature, reactionary thoughts into something that is more understanding the reality. Some questions can't just be answered "yes" or "no"... they need analysis and can be both.
      It's simple boolean logic. There simply can't be more than the two answers I gave (ie. "yes" or "no"), or it's a different question. If you wish to ask some other question, feel free, but it's not the same as mine.
      "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
      - Lone Star

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaakko

It's simple boolean logic. There simply can't be more than the two answers I gave (ie. "yes" or "no"), or it's a different question. If you wish to ask some other question, feel free, but it's not the same as mine.
        No again. I'm getting very mad right now... and I'm trying my best to explain you something about the world: Nothing is answered in a simple yes or no when it comes to an issues like Iraq in the world. It ne ver is. And it never will be. You just don't get it. You won't look pass your simplistic Michael Moore styled mind-set. Leftism degenerates the mind.. and I see it here...
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

No again. I'm getting very mad right now... and I'm trying my best to explain you something about the world: Nothing is answered in a simple yes or no when it comes to an issues like Iraq in the world. It ne ver is. And it never will be. You just don't get it. You won't look pass your simplistic Michael Moore styled mind-set. Leftism degenerates the mind.. and I see it here...
          I'm very disappointed that you choose to pelt me with rude insults over such a simple question. Perhaps I was wrong in trying to talk to you.
          - Lone Star

Comment

• Yes, you were.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

• "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
              - Lone Star

Comment

I'm very disappointed that you choose to pelt me with rude insults over such a simple question. Perhaps I was wrong in trying to talk to you.
                I'm trying to tell you the answer is a lot more then just yes or no. It is like a math question. You can't just take a math test and answer "yes" or "no" to every question.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I'm trying to tell you the answer is a lot more then just yes or no. It is like a math question. You can't just take a math test and answer "yes" or "no" to every question.
                  But I didn't ask a math question. My question was a simple yes/no proposition.
                  - Lone Star

Comment

But I didn't ask a math question. My question was a simple yes/no proposition.
                    Again no it wasn't. There is a lot more to the question then just "yes" or "no". But in your simple mind you refuse to accept it.,

Comment

Again no it wasn't. There is a lot more to the question then just "yes" or "no". But in your simple mind you refuse to accept it.,
                      But how is that possible? If I ask you, is it true that your handle is "Giancarlo", how can there be more answers than "yes" and "no"?
                      - Lone Star

Comment

• Ramo, I'm to tired to go 20 rounds with you but rest assured Cole is a partisan hack who plays fast and lose with facts just like the various Republican hacks. The only difference is Cole represents the more left leaning bits of the Democratic party and various other parties. He doesn't even try to maintain he's journalistic integrity which is why his pieces are usually dumped into the opinion section instead of the news section. For news I prefer less biased sources which will at least pretend to be objective.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But how is that possible? If I ask you, is it true that your handle is "Giancarlo", how can there be more answers than "yes" and "no"?
                          Some questions have bigger answers, then what your simple mind wants. Unfortunately, the world isn't black and white.

Yes my name is Giancarlo. What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

• First off, he's not a journalist. He's a history professor who writes a blog; he analyzes, not reports, that's why it's not in the news sections. As for playing "fast and loose with the facts," yes you keep accusing him of doing that, but have never demonstrated it. Frankly, you got a few facts wrong in that criticism of his.

As for him being some kind of partisan zealot, as I just edited in my previous post, he supported the Iraqi invasion initially. He also has been quite critical of the agenda of Democratic candidates (especially Dean, BTW) during the primaries, and then Kerry in the general. And his current position is hardly orthodoxly Democratic: staying in Iraq indefinitely, and not creating a timetable for withdrawal.
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Some questions have bigger answers, then what your simple mind wants. Unfortunately, the world isn't black and white.

Yes my name is Giancarlo. What does that have to do with anything?
                              Asking your handle was an analogue, to make you understand.

Either the Bush administration is responsible for everything, or they aren't. There is no middle ground.

Either your handle is Giancarlo, or isn't. There is no middle ground.
                              - Lone Star

Comment

• You aren't understanding the facts, jakko. But your leftism has caused delusions in your mind that caused this. You must shut up now.

Comment

Working...
                                X