• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*cking fascists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

F*cking fascists.
      Random irrelevant link time Yooohooo!

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?

Comment

• FYI.

Comment

• So whyd they try to off Chubais NOW?

Russia power boss survives attack

Mr Chubais oversaw Russia's privatisation programme
              The head of Russia's state-controlled electricity monopoly, Anatoly Chubais, has survived an assassination attempt.
              Police said unidentified gunmen opened fire on Mr Chubais' motorcade and also detonated an explosive device as he was driven to his Moscow office.

Mr Chubais escaped unhurt and proceeded to work after the attack, said his spokesman Andrei Trapeznikov.

Mr Chubais, who now heads the Unified Energy System (UES), oversaw Russia's privatisation programme in the 1990s.

The former deputy prime minister played a key role in the much criticised sale of Russia's natural resources to a select group of Russian businessmen - the so-called oligarchs.

Mr Chubais, 49, also ran former President Boris Yeltsin's successful re-election campaign in 1996, before becoming the UES chief in 1998.

He has also continued to play an active role in Russia's politics as one of the leaders of an influential liberal party - the Union of Right Forces (SPS).

Russia power boss survives attack

Mr Chubais oversaw Russia's privatisation programme
              The head of Russia's state-controlled electricity monopoly, Anatoly Chubais, has survived an assassination attempt.
              Police said unidentified gunmen opened fire on Mr Chubais' motorcade and also detonated an explosive device as he was driven to his Moscow office.

Mr Chubais escaped unhurt and proceeded to work after the attack, said his spokesman Andrei Trapeznikov.

Mr Chubais, who now heads the Unified Energy System (UES), oversaw Russia's privatisation programme in the 1990s.

It's clear to me that the attempt on his life had political roots

Boris Nemtsov
              SPS party leader

The former deputy prime minister played a key role in the much criticised sale of Russia's natural resources to a select group of Russian businessmen - the so-called oligarchs.

Mr Chubais, 49, also ran former President Boris Yeltsin's successful re-election campaign in 1996, before becoming the UES chief in 1998.

He has also continued to play an active role in Russia's politics as one of the leaders of an influential liberal party - the Union of Right Forces (SPS).

Gunbattle

Mr Chubais' two-car motorcade was attacked at about 0930 local time (0630 GMT) shortly after he left his country home outside Moscow, police said.

Police launched a manhunt for the attackers

"The explosive device went off between the two cars," a police spokesman said.

Police said that two unidentified gunmen clad in combat fatigues then sprayed the armoured cars with automatic fire.

Mr Chubais' BMW immediately sped off the scene, while bodyguards in the second car returned fire, forcing the attackers to flee, police and witnesses said.

No-one was hurt in the attack, police said.

Mr Chubais and his bodyguards then proceeded to his the company's headquarters in Moscow.

Electricity reform

Russia's leading liberal politician Irina Khakamada said the attack was most likely linked to the reform of the power grid monopoly.

"It must have been linked to difficult processes of redistribution of UES assets," Ms Khakamada told Russia's Ekho Moskvy radio station.

But Boris Nemtsov, on the SPS's leaders, said that it was "clear to me the attempt on his life had political roots".

Mr Chubais himself appeared to acknowledge both possibilities.

"I understand quite clearly, who could have organised today's assassination," he said in a statement, without giving any names.

"The main thing I can say today is that everything I have done - regarding both the reform of the country's energy sector and the unification of democratic forces - I will continue to do with redoubled energy," the statement said.

Mr Chubais has in the past acknowledged that he has no shortage of enemies who have threatened to assassinate him.

"They've promised to drag me by my feet to the walls of the Kremlin, to draw and quarter me and then behead me on Red Square, to disfigure me with acid and many other things," he told Russia's Izvestia newspaper in 2001.
              Last edited by lord of the mark; March 17, 2005, 11:37.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Putin really should nationalize all those companies and seize ownership in an overt fashion.

It's ridiculous to assassinate people or to use sneaky judicials when you could achieve the same results with much less of a mess. Does he really believe that his attempts at punishing his rich political opponents, and the profiteers of the energy economy go unseen?

I'm all for nationalization of Russian energy, but really, murder and sleaze is not the way to do it properly.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  So whyd they try to off Chubais NOW?
                  1) Who are "they"?
                  2) In case of failed assaination attempt against Al Capone, would you ask "why did they try to kill him", as well?
                  The reason is obvious - money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Putin really should nationalize all those companies and seize ownership in an overt fashion.

It's ridiculous to assassinate people or to use sneaky judicials when you could achieve the same results with much less of a mess. Does he really believe that his attempts at punishing his rich political opponents, and the profiteers of the energy economy go unseen?

I'm all for nationalization of Russian energy, but really, murder and sleaze is not the way to do it properly.

Exacuse me, are you by chance nuts or something?

Comment

• What was the sale of Yugansk, if not a combo of political punishment + nationalization? I mean, Rosneft (the eventual owner of Yugansk, after an obvious manipulation) is even suing Yukos (the previous owner) for billions as we speak - $8 billion IIRC - and it bought Yugansk for 9 billion. If it's not a gratis nationalization, I don't know what it is.

Not that I oppose it: Russia would be better off if the pigs of the oil industry were left SOL, and if the oil industry was back in the hands of the Russian State. However, you don't need to use these techniques when you want to nationalize something.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Putin really should nationalize all those companies and seize ownership in an overt fashion.

Uh, cause if he did it overtly hed have to do it equally to all, which doesnt provide the same disincentive to opposing him politically? You seem to assume that all the billionaires are opposed to Putin politically - IIUC that is not the case.

Also he still wants foreign investments to modernize the energy sector, and your proposal would eliminate that.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

1) Who are "they"?
                          2) In case of failed assaination attempt against Al Capone, would you ask "why did they try to kill him", as well?
                          The reason is obvious - money.

If I was unfamiliar with Chicago mobs, I would. Thats how you get information. So youre saying its interests threatened by his business activities? Any info on which interests in particular?

Comment

Then we could all watch the Russian economy collapse because no one, Russian or foreigner, will want to invest money in Russia since the Russian state could steal their money at any moment. They'd be back to square one again.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              Uh, cause if he did it overtly hed have to do it equally to all, which doesnt provide the same disincentive to opposing him politically? You seem to assume that all the billionaires are opposed to Putin politically - IIUC that is not the case.
                              That would imply there's a rule of law as far as Putin is concerned. The Yukos/Yugansk affair shows it is not the case. Putin could very well find bull**** reasons only to nationalize the businesses of his opponents, and leave the others alone. I mean, the current message is clear enough: "don't oppose us and you'll make money unhindered". Why should he use shifty punishment methods to enforce his clear message?

Comment

What was the sale of Yugansk, if not a combo of political punishment + nationalization? I mean, Rosneft (the eventual owner of Yugansk, after an obvious manipulation) is even suing Yukos (the previous owner) for billions as we speak - $8 billion IIRC - and it bought Yugansk for 9 billion. If it's not a gratis nationalization, I don't know what it is.
                                It was a legal deal. The leadership of Yukos cheated Russia and were pursued in accordance with the Russian law. They've evaded taxes for a sum of dozens of billions USD.

Not that I oppose it: Russia would be better off if the pigs of the oil industry were left SOL, and if the oil industry was back in the hands of the Russian State. However, you don't need to use these techniques when you want to nationalize something.
                                What techniques? They were caught for a tax evasion and got their punishment.
                                In case you if westerners still do not get it, "SPS" got about 3% during last elections into parliament. This party and leaders of this party are not competitors for Putin (like he fears any comopetition, since its his last term). Absolute majority of Russians hate them, because those bastards robbed the population of Russia during privatisation.
                                As for Chubais, and your (forgive my French ) silly insinuations, for your information Chubais IS NOT THE OWNER of Unified Energy Systems (UES). He is the HIRED MANAGER of the STATE-CONTROLLED COMPANY. So, your claims about Putin being somehow related to this failed assasination attempt is no more than bullsh!t (forgive my French again). Putin can fire him anytime he wish. When the hell you will understand that whenever anyone farts in Russia, it's not necessary a Putin's fault.
                                As for "pigs", a proper word you've used there brother. They are no more than a dirty pigs. Btw, do you know that according to Forbs, Russia holds the second place in the world (after USA) in the number of billioneres? Those f*cking pigs robbed MY country and thus made fortunes within a couple of years, some monarchies couldn't make within centuries of their existance.
                                As for nationalization, once again it was a LEGAL PURCHASE of a SINGLE company in an auction. During this auction the owners get paid by the maximum price.
                                In so belowed by westerners Ukraine, a newly elected leadership (a pro-democracy, pro-western and liberal of course) annonced that they will "RE-PRIVATIZE" over 3 000 enterprises (just get them from previous legal owners for free and give them to new owners (from Yushenko's clan of course).
                                What the f*ck is this if not a nationalization?
                                It's a f*cking highway robbery!
                                As I was always saying Ukrnians will regret about their 'orange stupidity' pretty soon, - when their country will be robbed by your western puppets. Russia already experienced this during Yeltsin's rule.
                                Last edited by Serb; March 17, 2005, 15:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X