Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The doctor is IN - the JohnT advice thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, advice... I'm startin to resent my girlfriend because she always seems to be treating me like a piece of ****, even if it's not intentional on her part. How can I get over this?

Comment

• Tell her.

It is irrelevant as to whether this would lead to a fight... anything that involves one person beginning to resent another just demands communication about this issue. Unless you don't want the relationship to continue, that is... which requires communication of a different sort.

Comment

• I often tell her that she's making me feel like crap. Last time we were together (Last Sunday to Monday) she'd been to a gig with friends, hung out with the housemates she sees every day, and decided to do her coursework that had been due in for the previous Thursday only on the Sunday and Monday morning when I got there. Then she made me leave Monday afternoon so she could spend time with other friends she'd seen all the last week. I tell her the way she chooses anything and everything over me makes me feel like crap, but her response is to say I'm putting her on a guilt trip (ironically I'm the one who feels guilt). It's hard to present a critique to her as she takes everything so badly.

Comment

• Obviously she doesn't give a fig about your feelings. Or she believes she can safely ignore them and still get what she wants out of your relationship.

There are a lot more fish in the ocean, if you catch my drift. There's no need to spend any of your life's precious time (think about it: out of all eternity, you only get 70 years) with a person who doesn't care if they are making you miserable.

That's a hard call, but life is like that sometimes.

Comment

• Hmm, I think you're right. In fact I think I already knew it before asking for the advice (Just looking for confirmation, I guess). Still, we'll be spending Christmas together for the first time this year, and there will be no coursework deadlines for her to ignore me, so I'll use this time to ascertain whethe it's worth continuing. If she decides to use most (Some is okay) of our two weeks together to do her dissertation then I'll know exactly where I stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Where should I apply to college if I want to major in Math?
              Dartmouth

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• How do I get over my ex?

On the plus side, I no longer refer to her as "my ex-fiancee" most of the time; instead, I prefer, "the Destroyer of Souls."
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• cheap sex. just go out and bag yourself a one night or noe weekend stand.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                    How do I get over my ex?

On the plus side, I no longer refer to her as "my ex-fiancee" most of the time; instead, I prefer, "the Destroyer of Souls."
                    Time heals all wounds.

Dating again won't hurt either.

Comment

• I thought Guy was already dating/hitting it with someone else?
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm gonna share an irrelevant observation about meeting women, as it relates to me and a couple of good friends I know - meeting women comes in spurts. 6 months ago, I probably met a couple of women a week (in the context of either getting a number/date/whatever). Right now, I'm hardly meeting any, but that's not a problem because the pendulum swings back and forth all the time (and frankly it's a good thing because I'm way too busy at work to do anything other than have a random hook up once in a while).

Weird how that works - other than Ted Striker (who no doubt meets women all the time and hits it ), anyone else know or experience what I'm talking about?
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
                          cheap sex. just go out and bag yourself a one night or noe weekend stand.
                          Tried that. Several times.

Not that it doesn't have a certain appeal, mind you.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• spit or swallow?
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• for you - spit
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Well well.. I do have one serious question too..

I've been thinking.. since I want to be wealthy.. and in appx. 3 years I should be ready to get the proper job.. I'm wondering how I should divide my income into investing and saving. Say I make the entry level salary in here, which would be little less than 3000 euros a month in my work field. Now you need to realize it's a decent salary in here. And I might not get that, that's almost lottery if I get that, more likely it'll be something between 2600-2900 euros a month, given that I actually get a job that I'm qualified for. It could be more, but since entry level is entry level, it won't go higher than 3000 I'm pretty sure. Now, the real money after living and taxes in my hand would be maybe.. 600 to 700 euros, again given that I save it up and not spend on anything else than the necessary, and even that might be tough but I'd be willing to suffer a little more for greater goal.

So what would be a good amount of money to invest expecting real results and not by the ways of super high risk? Should I divide something to high risk and something to sure thing but slow and low return? I figure there's no point going in with 2000 euros or something equal.. what would you consider to be the minimum investment, thinking it as the nest and the backbone?

This of course if I stay in Finland, my dream is to come over there and I will at some point, maybe sooner than later, but if I secure a great job in here before I graduate, I might just take that for couple of years first.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X