No announcement yet.

Gibraltarian Civ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that you are baiting us and I shouldn't reply but...

Originally posted by Heresson
    I believe that on the grave of our first Christian prince there is a claim that he was prince of Vandals too (it was proven that it was
    later thing, but who cares). So, Poland has the right to all formerly Vandal possesities(Sorry! Sorry!)
    Poland was formaly converted to Christianity in 965 (or there abouts, I am working from memory.) The Vandals had long ceased to exist as a sepeate people by that date, having been assimilated in larger, more dominant populations. I find your claim HIGHLY unlikly, though I will stop short of saying I can prove you wrong. I probably could, but it is not worth my effort to research your claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacobite1688
      I know that you are baiting us
      I bet he is

Comment

• @ Heresson

Why don't you claim Algerie and Morocco too?
        "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
        "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
        The Spanish Civilization Site
        "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Bee
          ehm... it's pendejo, not bendejo
          That all depends on which part of Latin America you come from. En Puerto Rico y Argentina, es "bendejo", no "pendejo".

Y yo decir Al-Andalus es Arabic, no Espanol! JIHAD! JIHAD! JIHAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarVoid
            Y yo decir Al-Andalus es Arabic, no Espanol! JIHAD! JIHAD! JIHAD!
            ok, as Mediterranean coast was ruled by slavs and yemenies, not arabs...

Comment

• In a way, WarVoid is right, Al-Andalus is Arabic, not Spanish. What is Spanish is Andalusia

PS. The word 'bendejo' does not appear in the latest version of the Diccionario of the Spanish Language. That should mean something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Bee
                In a way, WarVoid is right, Al-Andalus is Arabic, not Spanish. What is Spanish is Andalusia
                EDIT: O.K., I understand and agree completely. If your are comming in late, read the whole thread.

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                PS. The word 'bendejo' does not appear in the latest version of the Diccionario of the Spanish Language. That should mean something.
                I was raised in Chicago, a city with many Latin Americans (mostly Mexican & Puerto Ricans.) I have never seen/heard that word begin with a "b", always a "p". The Puerto Ricans DO mangle Spanish, however, so it might be spelled with "b" in some communities.

Comment

• You must be right, iberian pork and sherry wine can only be of islamic influence

Comment

• I don't believe you guys actually put swear words in your dictionaries! Even Oxford's dictionary dosen't have English swear words!

And Chicago speaks with a Mexican accent. I'm from Hartford, east coast baby, where we have Nuyoricans and Haroricans and Torroricans, etc. etc. etc. to tell you how many Ricans we have.

Me? I'm just a lonely Arab, lost in a world gone Spanglish.

Comment

I don't believe you guys actually put swear words in your dictionaries! Even Oxford's dictionary dosen't have English swear words!
                      We do pal, we do. Among the few good things the spanish culture has is that we have an official Dictionary of Spanish. It doesn't mean some people do not use bendejo instead of pendejo but it must be very local as it seems the "b" form is not included.

Comment

• Our dictionaries include swear words, of course, foreigners have the right to know what every word means, even if they are insulted.
                        «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

• WarVoid, remember that I'm a student of arabistics...
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Me? I'm just a lonely Arab, lost in a world gone Spanglish.
                            I thin that English will be usefull for many years...
                            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• From a "News Source" that I will not name.

CEUTA, Spain, July 17 — Spanish troops kicked a unit of Moroccan soldiers off an uninhabited Mediterranean island Wednesday, taking six Moroccans prisoner for a few hours and intensifying the two nations’ dispute over the soccer-field sized speck of land. Morocco demanded the immediate withdrawal of Spanish forces, saying the island was an “integral part” of Moroccan territory. Morocco also claims title to the island, where there has been no Spanish presence for the past 40 years.

THE CRISIS TAKES place against a backdrop of tensions between the two neighboring countries, separated by the Mediterranean Sea, over issues ranging from illegal immigration to drug trafficking to fishing rights.

The Spanish operation was the latest move in a standoff that began last Thursday, when 12 Moroccan soldiers landed on the tiny island, set up tents and raised their national flag. The island, known as Isla Perejil to Spaniards and Leila to Moroccans, has been claimed by Spass=sor 300 years.

Any takers?

Comment

• We have been expressing our opinions on that already (in spanish ). I will sum my toughts up for you:

- It is only a birds nest good for nothing in front of the morocan seacoast

- In my opinion the island should be morocan but it is not, seems that someone forgot to include it a long time ago in an old agreement, so it remained spanish.

- Taking the rock by force on the name of Maroc is an act of bragging on the part of a country more concerned on these shows of bravado than feeding their own people. It is really sad to read on the papers how every summer hundreds and hundreds of people die trying to cross the strait of gibraltar.

- There are more civilised ways to make claims. Claims that btw include other spanish territories which will never be morocan, so this kind of behavior means a threat to these other spanish territories.

Comment

Working...
                                X