• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts:

Give Perejil back to the Moroccans!

Comment

• Remember when I posted here one of my last texts,
      I mentioned "little Spanish islands near Maroccan coast"
      And nobody knew which ones I ment. Now You know one of them.

Somehow always when I start talking about some thing,
      a bad thing happens to it. When I started once a discussion about Pinochet, the british case in his life started. I mentioned those islands and Marocco invades them...

Now be nice to me and I won't tell anything about independance of Basques...
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

• Este tío es más tonto de lo que creía

Comment

• Originally posted by Waku
          Este tío es más tonto de lo que creía
          Speaking of localisms (the bendejo/pendejo controversy), una pregunta que he querido hacer ... por qué todas las personas en España son tíos para cada persona? Es que todas las personas allá están relacionados? REMEMBER THAT INBREEDING IS BAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacobite1688
            The Puerto Ricans DO mangle Spanish, however, so it might be spelled with "b" in some communities.
            No more so than other immigrant communities that have lived in the united states for a long time. And you refer to puerto ricans as one group and say that they "DO" mangle spanish, as if they are a single monolithic group. Some people are third, fourth and fifth generation "immigrants" (i use that word in quotations because they all puerto ricans have US citizenship) that do naturally have problems speaking correctly, but there are many who have just arrived to the mainland US, or that travel back and forth, who still maintain impeccable spanish, and i hope you are not implying that puerto ricans on the island speak bad spanish as well, as their spanish is as correct as any regional form of spanish. The same could be said about mexican-americans, argentine americans, etc. Are you even puerto rican, what would u even know about this???

Sorry about this long tirade, but I hate seeing generalizations about entire groups of people! Makes me sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Bee
              My thoughts:

Give Perejil back to the Moroccans!
              OK, but only if they don't use the force!!!
              Israel = apartheid

Comment

• Originally posted by whosurdaddy
                por qué todas las personas en España son tíos para cada persona?
                jeje, te responderé con otro localismo:

N.P.I.

(a ver si averiguas el significado )

Comment

• - Taking the rock by force on the name of Maroc is an act of bragging on the part of a country more concerned on these shows of bravado than feeding their own people. It is really sad to read on the papers how every summer hundreds and hundreds of people die trying to cross the strait of gibraltar.
                  Efestivamente. Yo creo que con estas jilipoyeces, el reyezuelo moro está intentando desviar la atención de los propios marroquíes de los verdaderos problemas de Marruecos. O sea, de la diferencia que hay entre como vive el pueblo y como viven el rey y sus secuaces.
                  Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

jeje, te responderé con otro localismo:

N.P.I.

(a ver si averiguas el significado )
                    Pista: No significa NO POSEO INFORMACION
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• ¿No Puedo Informarle?

Comment

• Originally posted by yaroslav
                        Pista: No significa NO POSEO INFORMACION
                        Nope, aunque es politicamente mas correcto

Creo que es algo demasiado local como para que puedas descubrirlo, aunque con tu nivel de español no me sorprendería que lo supieras.

NPI=Ni p*t@ idea

PD: Seguro que si no lo conocías, es de las cosas que te gusta aprender

Comment

• Originally posted by whosurdaddy
                          Are you even puerto rican, what would u even know about this???

Sorry about this long tirade, but I hate seeing generalizations about entire groups of people! Makes me sick.
                          Hey, whosurdaddy:
                          Al principio, lo siento mucho que te pusiste “enfermo” por mi comentario. Yo no quería que ofendiera a alguin. Pero mi madre constantemente fue molestado en Chicago por los mexicanos y profesores de español porque habló “como un puertorriqueña”. También dijiste que hice generalizaciones, pero yo dije que el idioma cambia entre comunidades. Parece que tienes la idea de que estás satisfecho de sí que me has castigado y estás ansioso enseñarle a alguien una lección. Pues, hoy no es el día, este no es el lugar, y no soy tu estudiante. Además, cuando preguntas si soy puertorriqueño, y ‘¿que sabrías de eso?’ -- ¿qué quieres decir? Este comentario muestra tu ignorancia, no el prejuicio presunto. Otra vez -- lo siento mucho, aunque para que, no entiendo. Cuando otra persona hablaba de los ‘ricans’ aquí, no entiendo por qué escogiste mi comentario como si fuera tan ofensiva.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacobite1688

Hey, whosurdaddy:
                            Pero mi madre constantemente fue molestado en Chicago por los mexicanos y profesores de español porque habló “como un puertorriqueña”.
                            You know, its just as possible that a puerto rican professor might yell at a student for speaking like a mexican, just in the same way that a mexican professor might yell at a student for speaking like a puerto rican. THe fact is everyone tends to think their way of doing things is the best. It doesnt mean that in reality, one group of people actually does something better than the other. As a matter of fact, many Spaniards think they are better than latin-americans, but in reality they are just stuck up (just kidding, i'm hoping waku or someone reads this comment ) As far as someone else who talked about "ricans," i did not read that person's commentary, and just because someone else used language like that doesnt excuse someone else from making generalizations. Anyway, if i misinterpreted you and you really were not trying to put generalizations across, then i apologize, and i also apologize if it seemed like I was trying to seem better than you somehow, as this was not the case, i just hope u see where i was coming from.
                            Last edited by whosurdaddy; July 20, 2002, 00:29.

Comment

Nope, aunque es politicamente mas correcto

Creo que es algo demasiado local como para que puedas descubrirlo, aunque con tu nivel de español no me sorprendería que lo supieras.

NPI=Ni p*t@ idea

PD: Seguro que si no lo conocías, es de las cosas que te gusta aprender
                              hmmm, ni put@ idea ... ni put@ idea .... ni put@ idea ... eso puede ser muy útil cuando viaje a españa

flight attendent (forgive my espanglish) de líneas áereas de españa:
                              qué quiere beber usted?

yo: NI PUT@ IDEA!!!
                              Last edited by whosurdaddy; July 20, 2002, 00:33.

Comment

• Ten cuidado, las azafatas se lo pueden tomar a mal

(Be aware, fligth attedent can take it on the wrong way. Forgive my english)
                                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                                X