Baby Bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiera

I once met a guy from Vicenza and I can say that we could understand each other pretty well).
    Try to make them go out of God's grace... they start to speak fastly, and when i say fastly... 'ostregheta!!!

Originally posted by El Awrence

Mafangulo!

Que no tengo ni una gota de sangre italiana!
    La linguaccia però la tieni, cacchio...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

(if they don't speak too fast, that is)
      Piano, piano, si va lontano

Comment

Originally posted by Prometeus

Try to make them go out of God's grace... they start to speak fastly, and when i say fastly... 'ostregheta!!!
        Hmm... this one taught me the expressions "Porco Dio" and "Porca Madonna"... con perdón.
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Que me importa del mundo, quando tu sei vicino a me... ahhh San Remo, Pino Donaggio and the other guy... Domenico Modugno e Raffaella Carra...

Comment

Hmm... this one taught me the expressions "Porco Dio" and "Porca Madonna"... con perdón.
            It's remarkable to see that the more catholic the more blasphemous. I think this kind of expressions are unthinkable in Northern countries, mecagondió!

Something I learned: La'sniacra della tua mamma

Comment

Hmm... this one taught me the expressions "********" and "**********"... con perdón.
              You caught a polite one, then... ( i'm not a good example, TBTH ... i once said a blasphemy in St Peter... )

PS Vicenza had in medioeval times a great tradition of occitanian poetry - the "franco-veneti"... - so that's why it resembles spanish. Occitanian and catalan are a lot alike, more then french and castillian.

PPS Waku, waku... be careful speaking of italians' mothers... and sgniacchere...
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

French and Castilian are similar only grammatically. For the rest they are two worlds apart. I can't understand a single word in French. and only a tiny bit in written. That's pretty much it.

Comment

I met a veronese girl who was really surprised to see how much spanish she understood using her dialect better than standard italian (Verona is not far from Vicenza)

She taught me this one too: La patonza della tua sorella

Comment

French ( ahem, patois valdotaine, is third official italian language ).

To Waku

that's different in other italian towns...

Paese che vai, insulto che trovi - other places, other bad words...

... 'a p#ta#a 'e soreta ( Naples ).

... la f#eg#a de' tu' sorella ( Roma ).

... la fe##a de tu' sorer ( Trieste ).

Cacchio... Tiscali censorship... Debet naschire su iscimpru chi minche mintet sos pedes...

Please, add mentally those letters to # ( how to avoid censorship )...

1st row: aa

2nd row: rn

3rd row: ss

Better stop, or all of us are going to be :banned: ...
                    Last edited by Prometeus; September 1, 2001, 05:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waku
                      not far from Vicenza)
                      My sister lived in Vicenza for a year while in school. The only Veneto I can say is (pardon the spelling) "mi go voia magna gatti," an insult referring to a 13th(?) century seige that left the residents of Vicenza eating all the cats once they ran out of pigeons.

Referring back about 20 posts, she is fluent in Italian (several years in Firenze), and finds it very easy to read Portuguese. Spanish is manageable, she claims.
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

Referring back about 20 posts, she is fluent in Italian (several years in Firenze), and finds it very easy to read Portuguese. Spanish is manageable, she claims.
                        That's a bit surprising! Italian is generally regarded to be closer to Spanish than to Portuguese and, as I indicated above, in written Portuguese differs little from Spanish

Talking abut surprising things, I have been told many times that Portuguese and Romanians are able to communicate themselves with relative ease, just like Spaniards and Italians! I can't understand a single word in Romanian, either written or spoken!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Bee

Talking abut surprising things, I have been told many times that Portuguese and Romanians are able to communicate themselves with relative ease, just like Spaniards and Italians! I can't understand a single word in Romanian, either written or spoken!
                          Yes, but I'm sure that Romanians are able to understand almost everything we Spanish say. It must be a matter of complexity...
                          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiera

Yes, but I'm sure that Romanians are able to understand almost everything we Spanish say. It must be a matter of complexity...
                            You think so? Granted that Hagi took only days to master Spanish, but look at the guy who played for Barcelona... or perhaps that one got so messed up with the catalanesque vs castilian language dispute?

Comment

• Popescu? He mastered Spanish amazingly soon as well, IIRC...

Now, Rivaldo and the Brazilian troupe... talk about problems to speak correctly Spanish...
                              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

• No, it wasn't Popescu. I can't remember his name. Perhpas he was in Espanyol... can't remember now. I'll look for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X