Advanced Hellenistic Era NES - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foolish_icarus
    From Illyria to Thrace to Africa, smoke from hekatombs rises to honor the gods, chief amongst them Micha the Mighty, to begin an annual 8 days of celebration and worship leading up to what is considered to be the day when Micha was born (or created himself out of sheer willpower, depending on which sages you ask). Rumors slyly propagate that far off to the west, Carthaginian priests sacrifice babies and children in order to "honor" their perverted version of the master god [according to the Romans, the Carthaginians actually did this...]
    The civilized nations are disgusted, but not surprised.
    That´s the way to go!

Actually I´m thinking whether I should really issue benefits to pious nations...
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

From Illyria to Thrace to Africa, smoke from hekatombs rises to honor the gods, chief amongst them Micha the Mighty, to begin an annual 8 days of celebration and worship leading up to what is considered to be the day when Micha was born (or created himself out of sheer willpower, depending on which sages you ask). Rumors slyly propagate that far off to the west, Carthaginian priests sacrifice babies and children in order to "honor" their perverted version of the master god [according to the Romans, the Carthaginians actually did this...]
      The civilized nations are disgusted, but not surprised.

ominous!

It was Roman propoganda, not much else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Micha

Actually I´m thinking whether I should really issue benefits to pious nations...
        I blame this ALL on tassadar

It was Roman propoganda, not much else.
        All of ancient history is Roman propaganda. Now it is Macedonian propaganda
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I blame this ALL on tassadar

All of ancient history is Roman propaganda. Now it is Macedonian propaganda

You make it seem as if Macedonia rules all of Europe? Not close, my friend. Carthage is far from dead.

Comment

• And you can keep it that way, if Carthage's leaders show wisdom. To offer up an anachronistic quotation, "discretion is the better part of valour"
            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Unfortunately for you, even if you destory Carthage, you'll need to destory the Romans, the Spartans, the Bosporians, the Lydians, and the Cretians to control Europe. Baal will protect us, and send Athens into darkness.

Comment

• They won't have to destroy the Cretians- Lydia's doing that just fine.
                "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
                phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
                three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• Originally posted by appleciders
                  They won't have to destroy the Cretians- Lydia's doing that just fine.
                  It seems to be so, but war is unpredictable, especially since we don't know the full details. But even so, Crete is a minimal power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                    Unfortunately for you, even if you destory Carthage, you'll need to destory the Romans, the Spartans, the Bosporians, the Lydians, and the Cretians to control Europe. Baal will protect us, and send Athens into darkness.
                    A typically Carthaginian lack of perspective. We don't need to destroy any of them, nor do we need to control Europe. Pray to your Baal--he did worlds of good for Phoenicia.

We have instructed our messenger to give to you the gift he is bearing. It is an urn, painted with a scene of Heracles slaying the lion, by one of our most skilled court painters. In the urn are a number of clay tablets, stamped with the names of all your major cities. They will help you to keep track of all that your foolishness is costing you. When you come to your senses, you may feel free to accede to our demands. The urn is yours to keep, of course. We have our own copy.

Comment

A typically Carthaginian lack of perspective. We don't need to destroy any of them, nor do we need to control Europe. Pray to your Baal--he did worlds of good for Phoenicia.

We have instructed our messenger to give to you the gift he is bearing. It is an urn, painted with a scene of Heracles slaying the lion, by one of our most skilled court painters. In the urn are a number of clay tablets, stamped with the names of all your major cities. They will help you to keep track of all that your foolishness is costing you. When you come to your senses, you may feel free to accede to our demands. The urn is yours to keep, of course. We have our own copy.

Foolish mistake, King of Macedon. You're messenger has been taken prisoner, but do not worry. We won't be killing him.

Comment

• Aah, most excellent! Notice how an evil god almost instantly brings hatred and violence to the humans?

Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Lydian Orders

There will be no more Lydian orders. Lydia returns to the innocuous existence of a non-player nation so Maeon will have more time to enjoy the pancakes he has come to love.
                          Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
                          The continuing saga of The Five Nations
                          A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

• So?

Comment

• All of ancient history is Roman propaganda. Now it is Macedonian propaganda
                              who controls the present controls the past.
                              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• Originally posted by bipolarbear

who controls the present controls the past.

Yup. That's why Macedonia doesn't control the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X