No announcement yet.

Advanced Hellenistic Era NES - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that NPC countries haven´t purchased anything this turn, just banking their income. That is because they will try to get some trade routes going which will be done via diplomacy, not in the update.
    (Also I have spent 12 hours on implementing the changes AND doing the update and now have no will to think of any orders for some small country... )
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

:cheer:

Macedonia to Rome :

This Pyrrhus guy has got to be stopped. Luckily we have an army just waiting for activity

to Pyrrhus :

Cease your threats to Rome or be crushed

And to Carthage :

Defiling Ammonion? Big Mistake.
      Last edited by foolish_icarus; January 27, 2005, 17:11.
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

wow...youve done a great job dude
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

One thing though. The Roman stats are inconsistent with my orders and with the updated picture. The legions are in akward places and my bowmen seem to have lost their way back to camp from the archery range

- Paul Valery

Comment

sorry about the places, I just forgot to change them
            About your archers, I haven´t included them as a unit yet and thus you still kept your foot soldiers... Sorry about that.
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

Ok, so have my foot soldiers lost their way to legion bases?

- Paul Valery

Comment

Don´t know what you´re talking about (Edited them in)
                Sorry, I did Rome last, so it may have gotten a bit messy. You had a flaw in your accounting, though, as Legion IV got 600 foot soldiers (all the remaining ones) instead of the 400 you put in..

Also I have forgotten to take into account that you lost the Sicilian grain supply, which hampers your economic efficiency by 10%...
                Just corrected it. I did include the loss in Magna Graecias stats, though...

You now need to look for a new supplier of food, like Egypt (or Carthage).
                NPCs will present their offers tomorrow! (Though you can come up with something yourself).

Is any clarification needed about the new system?

Comment

Very well, thank you Micha

Rome to Magna Graecia

With heavy hearts we came to realise that under the current circumstances and lates developments we are forced to declare war against you. We have always treated you respectfully and have never doubted your bravery and honour. Thus we ask that every city not wishing experience the horrors of war, surrender your arms and join us in a fight against this renegade general Pyrrhus.

This is your last and only chance to save yourselves and defend your honour in the eyes of the world. In respect to our common past we offer every city who peacefully joins us a full Roman citizenship and freedon from taxes for 10 years.

Anyone, who raises their sword against Romans will be crushed swiftly.

Yours,

SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

Rome to the friendly cities of Adria, Nicaea, Massilia and Emporion.

Greetings! I'm sure we all have been pretty stunned by the new developments by your Southern brothers. Unfortunately we have had no choice but to declare war on them. We are deeply concerned about the future security situation in Northern Italy now that we are forced to move some of our armies to South. Therefore we ask you to join us in the name of preserving peace and cooperation against the barbaric tribes who wait to fill the security vacuum once some of our legions leave the North.

We have always treated you respectfully and have never doubted your bravery and honour, thus we ask that every city not wishing experience the horrors of war to join us. Otherwise we have to consider you as a potential security threat and have to disarm you by force if necessary. From the bottom of our hearts we hope things wont get that serious.

This is your last and only chance to save yourselves and defend your honour in the eyes of the world. In respect to our common past we offer every city who peacefully joins us a full Roman citizenship and freedon from taxes for 20 years.

As always, anyone who raises their sword against Romans will be crushed swiftly.

Yours,

SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

Rome to Sparta.

Greetings! We are sure you have heard the news by now. We have been attacked by an army of bandits lead by a renegade Macedonian governer. This can be not just our but your finest hour. We invite you yo defend justice and order against bandits and anarchy. We ask you support because Pyrrhus' force is formidable enough to deserve you and us together as enemy.

We are willing to pay all your costs and 30 talents plus an equal share in the spoils of war in exhange for help from your Spartan elites as well as your fleet. We suggest we disable the Magna Graecian fleet in joint attack. Our fleets could band up near Rhegion and continue together to the Bay of Tarentum to defeat the Magna Graecian pirate fleet.

We would then assist in transporting the Spartan elites near Cannae where we would hope them to join our legion in the battle against the forces commanded by Pyrrhus. How does that sound?

Yours,

SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

Rome to Macedonia

What kind of game is this!? Do you take us for fools? First a Macedonian governer starts a campaign to enslave the peace loving Roman peasants, then you ask if we would like some more Macedonian forces into our country. If we wouldnt consider you as a nation of righteous and pure hearted people, we would consider that as a declaration of war!

But, because we are indeed still willing to believe that you had nothing to do with this no bloodshed is necessary. At the moment and given these unfortunate circumstances though we dont think our people have enough trust in any Macedonian to have them fighting alongside with us. Therefore we must decline from your offer to help us, furthermore we ask, no we demand that you must not interfere in this current cirisis.

Yours,

SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

Rome to Egypt

Greetings! We are very optimistic about the common future of our great nations. We propose a trade agreement where you would get our fine iron in exhange for Egyptian grain.

We are also interested in exhanging Roman fabrics to Egyptian paper.

And naturally if theres anything else you need, juts let us know.

RSVP.

Yours,

SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

Rome to Persia

Greetings mighty Persians! We have heard that the Persian traders are omanong the most reliable in the whole world! Encouraged by these rumours we ask if you are interested in trading Iron to increase your military effectiveness in exhange for Tea.

We hope you see our future prospect as profitable as we do.

Yours,

SPQR

- Paul Valery

Comment

To: Rome

We must talk.

Comment

I'm sorry? I thought you were Carthagian? Anyways check your PMs

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X