Advanced Hellenistic Era NES - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome to all Greek cities in Western Mediterranean

We have been a bit surprised that you have been unable to understand what has just happened here. Our intentions have until now been to form a coalition to defeat the Celtic hordes that are threatening all of our lives. We thought you would see the benefits from a united front of defence but it seems some of your leaders are unable to see beyond their narrow spectre of city politics.

Until recently we had only one enemy, and that was coming from the North. This has changed radically. A bandit army lead by a Macedonian supposedly renegade commander is threatening us from the South. Therefore we needed absolute security guarantees from you and so far none of you except Empoarians have given such guarantees. Even they have done so solely because they percieve us as too strong enemy.

Massilia, Adria and Nicaea have turned hostile towards us and seem to think they wouls have any chance to defend theirselves without our help against the Northern barbarians. This is of course a manifestation of how out of touch with reality their leaders are. This is sad news for us too since we have no chance but to disarm their armies with force if necessary.

What would you do if you were us? How would you react to this kind of extreme situation? Wouldent you do just as we are doing right now?

We will see you soon and teach you few lessons about political realities and the power of masses. We are very disappointed that you have pushed us over the egde.

This is Casus Bellorum.

SPQR
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Massilia, Adria and Nicaea to Rome
      You declare war on us? Now the children of the wolf have shown their true faces! To arms, brothers! May our brave hoplites show those wannabe overlords what made the Greek civilization the most powerful in the world!

Magna Graecia, Massilia, Adria and Nicaea to Macedonia
      Brothers!
      We are now in need of your assistance! As fellow Hellenes, you surely feel the strong bonds between our peoples! Come to save us from the Roman war machine, as you may well be next!
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

• Egypt to Crete:
        We'd be thrilled to begin trading with you. We're not, however, quite ready to accept the deal you've offered. Marble isn't especially useful to us at this time, so we'd like to begin by trading 4t marble for 6t paper. As much as we'd like to build more statues, at this time more than 4t marble seems like more than we could use. If this is acceptable, please come to Tanys as soon as you're ready.

Egypt to Magna Grecia:
        We'd like to begin a trade deal with you. Would you be willing to trade 6t of your wine for 6t paper. Interested?
        "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
        phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
        three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

• After studying more historical sources, I have added the following ressources to both map and stats:
          A wine ressource in Apulia to Magna Graecia (map)
          An oil ressource in Apulia to Magna Graecia (map + stats)
          A salt ressource in Sardinia to Carthage (map + stats)

Though incomes and effectivenesses stay unchanged (have had the other factors absorb the impact of the new ressources)
          Last edited by Micha; January 28, 2005, 19:54.
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

• Crete to Egypt
            We appreciate to hear about your willingness to trade!
            However, we must insist that the amount of marble traded must be worth at least 5 talents; We estimate your merchants will still make a fine profite out of it, a bargain so to say...
            As for paper exports: We already stated that we cannot go for more than 4 talents a turn, as that is the break even point of our accountings... Everything above that limit will make the trade route inprofitable to us...

Magna Graecia to Egypt
            We accept your offer to buy 6 talents worth of wine from our stocks.
            However our current war budget leaves no room for imports... We simply cannot afford it...

Comment

• Egypt to Crete: We'll accept your offer of 5 talents\turn marble and 4 talents\turn paper. We remember your statement that you'd consider buying more paper in the future, and hope that this trade route improves your economy to the point that you'll be able to increase your purchasing.

Egypt to Magna Graecia: We'll begin the import of wine, at 4 talents\turn. We hope this stimulates your economy, and we hope that when it does, you'll remember Egypt for your paper needs.
              Last edited by appleciders; January 28, 2005, 22:50.

Comment

• I'm not sure I'm clear on the trade system...Even though I have only one, for example, fish resource, can I sell it to another nation without a decrease in my stats? If so, to how many other nations can I sell to before it has an effect on my country?
                Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• OOC: Just don't be ridiculous in your exploitation of it. Selling huge quantities of fish to everybody isn't going to work, and Micha will tell you if you're going overboard. If you want to export more, invest in the resource, like the money I've put towards grain so I can export more of it. At least, that's my understanding.

Egypt to Bosporian Greeks:
                  We'd like to begin importing your furs and timber. We'd like to start by importing 4 talents\turn furs and 4 talents\turn timber. We'd also like to offer you the chance to import our paper.
                  Last edited by appleciders; January 28, 2005, 22:41.

Comment

• oh noes, micha hates techno

- Paul Valery

Comment

• To: Sparta

We wish to purchase honey from you. For what amount would you say?

To: Lydia

We are already being supplied fur from the Romans, so how about 7 talents for pottery?

Comment

• Macedonia to Rome :

This is not helping relations between our countries. We propose a compromise like the following (or something similar) :

The free cities of the north clearly pose no threat to Rome, as they rejected Pyrrhus' hostile rule and demonstarted in both word and action for long years that they were friends of Rome. So those cities would retain their independence and armies, perhaps elect to reduce their militaries as a gesture of goodwill. Rome could send special envoys to the cities to help coordinate regional military defense, and both Rome and Macedonia would guarantee the cities permanent freedom, protection, and alliance.
                        We ask both sides to accept this proposal or suggest a reasonable counterproposal. It is much more advantageous to all sides involved than the path that is about to embarked upon.
                        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Egypt to Macedonia:
                          We haven't recieved an answer about the possibility of you exporting fish to us, or the possibility of your importing our paper. Is there any interest?

Comment

• I'm sure they are....

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Next update, a very special Carthaginian soldier will be entering the army. His name, the very famous General's son, HANNIBAL BARCA.
                              Last edited by Tassadar500; January 28, 2005, 23:18.

Comment

• ok. we wish he wasent being teased at school.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X