Europa Universalis III in Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa Universalis III in Production

A good day for fans of historical strategy games.

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Excellent news!
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Every time I think I'm out... they pull me back in!
      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Darnit! Just noticed the announcement and rushed over here to post it.
        Too late!

Oh well, the fact that it's finally underway is the the important thing. Whomever is the first to post it is completely irrelevant anyway, unless I do it.

Comment

Interesting....
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

YAY! You guys should have seen that big broad grin I got in my face when I read the announcement title! OTOH, you probably had one yourself...!

So, they have decided to start the game in 1453 eh? Not too dumb I guess, although that means no Byzantine revival without a time limit patch I guess.

More things to do in peace time is definately a good thing btw!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Gamespot Exclusive Q&A
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Again, without giving away too much right now, veteran players will be pleased to note that we are expanding on the options the player has during peacetime, with a focus on interaction with the pope and emperors. You will see plenty of features and ideas from our other games, such as personalities from Crusader Kings, leadership from Victoria, and intelligence from Hearts of Iron II.

Comment

I've been burned out on computer games for the last couple of months. Other than some Crusader Kings lately, I really haven't had the urge to start any game (I tried to play civ4 a couple of nights ago and lost interest after an hour).

This may get me out of my gaming funk.

EU3 - Please don't go 3-d though...It's not needed.
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

They have already made the new engine, 3D is the way. Which I think will work fine.

Comment

Seems pretty predictable since they (again) need a solid commercial hit to recover from a poor release. It does beg the question whether Paradox are capable of producing successful games other than EU and HoI though.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Excellent news!

*Sandman recovers from stab hit*

Comment

Great news. Now I have something else to look toward next year.

Comment

I hope they adopt Civ4's diplomatic feedback. Instead of your diplomatic rating sloshing inexorably and incompehensibly towards -200.

Comment

I hope they adopt a lot of stuff.

God, I have to wait a year!!!
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X