No announcement yet.

Europa Universalis III in Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going 3D was such a ****ing stupid thing to do.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The game looks horrible, horrible, horrible. A good chunk of the core userbase won't be able to run it properly, and the remainder will wonder why the 3D fad is persisting when it can't beat good 2D in a grand strategy game.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Remember this is alpha screens. I wouldn't start worrying just yet.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          Remember this is alpha screens.
          There was absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics of the original engine. What does the 3D engine add to the game, except being able to say that it's OMG 3D WOWZERSQ!#!@#$!

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Just from the top of the head: Better moddability. Which should be quite enough for many. But I also think there's a need to move on, graphics is not everything, but there's nothing wrong with having good graphics as long as the game is good. And from a capitalistic point of view, which Paradox has to look at too if they are to survive in the gaming market, graphics also sell.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

leaving aside the graphics, for the moment, the gameplay changes sound interesting.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I highly doubt any amount of development will make the appearance any less crappy. I also highly doubt an appearance straight from 2000 will be a huge selling point. It'll look silly on the back cover alongside the "Now in dazzling 3D!" text. The gamer base Paradox is most likely to attract does not care one whit if the game is in 3D. I just hope they understand this as soon as possible. (Of course, one could argue that the die hard fans will buy it anyway even if it looks crappy.)
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Just from the top of the head: Better moddability.

It's a hundred times easier to make modded 2D graphcis than it is to make 3d graphics.

but there's nothing wrong with having good graphics as long as the game is good.
                  That's exactly what I'm saying. They've already got good graphics and a good game.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

It's a hundred times easier to make modded 2D graphcis than it is to make 3d graphics.
                      EU2's map wasn't moddable before Johan used his own spare time to add the possibility in a patch some 4 year or so after the release of the game. Rumour is it will be moddable from start now. Though nothing official yet I think.

BTW, some new info from the Swedish PC Gamer:

Even though they have promised it for newbies to get it easy to get in and play Eu3, it seems like Paradox have told PC Gamer at least that they are still focusing more on the depth of the game then anything else.

And editor is going to be with EU3 there you will be able to change anything in the game to however you would like it to be.

to the first!

Comment

EU2's map wasn't moddable before Johan used his own spare time to add the possibility in a patch some 4 year or so after the release of the game. Rumour is it will be moddable from start now. Though nothing official yet I think.
                        But that has nothing to do with it now being in 3D.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Editor

Will it cover the Nappy time?

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

But that has nothing to do with it now being in 3D.
                            Perhaps not. I'm only reciting what others has said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                              Editor

Will it cover the Nappy time?
                              Perhaps. Johan has said it will last "up until the revolutions in France and America". Sounds like we might be getting everything before Nappy, but it's pretty wollen, so oyu never know.

Comment

Perhaps not. I'm only reciting what others has said.
                                The idea of an argument is to bring up points relevant to the discussion, not to simply recite random things that you have been told.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X