No announcement yet.

Europa Universalis III in Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the same engine, but they've made it looking completely differently thankfully.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

How is 3D ever going to help with gameplay in strategy games? but then I ain't got Civ4.

Comment

It's not going to help, but it doesn't hurt either, see Civ4. You'll have to deliver some eye candy if you want to sell games today. Fail to do it, and only the hardcore fans will buy. Which would not be bad in terms of gameplay, but bad for sales and hence, for the game's future.

Comment

It does hurt those with awkwarldy backward systems

Comment

People can play the current Paradox games with a dead old machine and a little extra RAM, it's not like we can expect Paradox to make games that can be played on a P2 forever.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Eye candy isn't bad. What's bad is the assumtpion that 3D = Better. 2D graphics can far surpass the distorted 3D polygonal crap that usually results from a game developer adopting 3D graphics solely because 3 is a bigger number than 2.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

even my family now possesses a P4 equivalent machine. I suspect EU3 will not have specs that seriously constrain its sales, even with 3d. The hardcore will buy it for the gameplay, and for the non-hard core, they may well prefer 3d, even if it doesnt really look as good.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                  Ok, sell me.

Is this a game where you dont move pieces (Like CIV or AOE) but have abstract battle over economies and territories and supplies?

Thanks for any feedback

Gramps
                  Gramps

You would like this game. And you could pick up a copy of EU2 pretty cheap I would think.

Try it out, I haven't played it in a while but back when I did play it, I really enjoyed it.
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Latest entry in development diary has a screenie:

Maybe I'm predisposed, but the map still looks like crap.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

That's just ugly.

And the flags above every city are huge and annoying.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Ugh. If it is eye candy, it is not sweet. I prefer the old 2D map. 2D
                        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Looks shyte!

Comment

Bah, we all know strategy games that look nice have stupid gameplay!

Blah

Comment

What worries me is the effort is predisposed to turn it 3d rather than to improve the art to make the game more playable or game information easier to read at a glance. The 3d flags in every province are a prime example. How can this conceivably be easier to interpet than clear border markers, preferably tinged with an identifiable colour, beats the hell out of me. Especially when many countries flags are barely identifiable from half of their neighbours in Europe.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

I take it I should get a semi-decent graphics card to play EU3 then? What you reckon?
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X