No announcement yet.

Europa Universalis III in Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to trust the guys over at PIF to know what they talk of. Their knowledge tends to exceed mine by far. Anyway, I still think the new engine is a good thing, the old one was getting very old and tired. Remember, it was made for EU1, which came in 2000 IIRC, and I have understood that it was becoming a limiting factor for Paradox.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

The idea of an argument is to bring up points relevant to the discussion, not to simply recite random things that you have been told.
      and since this is months away, we all have been told not anyone actually experienced these things
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

This is another good argument btw:

The EU2/Vic/CK/etc maps are all "hard-coded" maps. Resistance to map changes by Pdox has always centered on "but that is a damn big file". If the map is handled as a "block structure" and then rendered coastlines by the game engine, that would mean... (wait for it)... map changes would be possible in patches!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Even if we don't get Nappy doesn't mean we can't include it all by ourselves.

Comment

Indeed. That's the fine thing with good moddability.

Comment

Unless it's 3D gfx. in that case we must boycott the game. globla strategy fans must always support the worse the graphics = the better the game mentality

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                Unless it's 3D gfx. in that case we must boycott the game. globla strategy fans must always support the worse the graphics = the better the game mentality
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Too bad the OTBOT only works in the OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    I tend to trust the guys over at PIF to know what they talk of. Their knowledge tends to exceed mine by far.

Anyway, I still think the new engine is a good thing, the old one was getting very old and tired. Remember, it was made for EU1, which came in 2000 IIRC, and I have understood that it was becoming a limiting factor for Paradox.

You seem to be missing the point.

Just because B follows A does not mean that A instigates B

It being 3D HAS NO RELEVANCE AT ALL to the new moddability in question, that is a feature COMPLETELY SEPERATE from the change to 3D and could be just as easily - or more easily - done with two dimensional graphics.

And likewise, the engine could be revamped or redone without removing the graphical style which has proven to be extremely practical, well done, and aesthetical pleasing and ithen replacing it with a completely frivilous 3D engine that serves no purpose but to add polygons and hardware demands, while adding absolutely nothing to the game play.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Let's agree to disagree then. I think the move to 3D can prove to be a good one. IMO the graphical style of EU2 was good for it's time, but a game made in 2007 can't look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                        Too bad the OTBOT only works in the OT.
                        OTBOT?

Comment

otee-botee

Comment

I've found him.

Comment

EU3

I dont like the 3D graphics thingie, it's just a big distraction. The old graphics had to go, but going full 3D is a waste of time.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

doesnt diplomacy have a 3d engine? That hasnt constrained their sales too much, has it? I would guess theyre using the same graphics engine.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X