M:tG Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thinkingamer
    Now, I'll confess something that is....well, is not going to make make me popular in Apolyton....here it goes.....

M:tg is the only game that sucked more time than Civ2 and SMAC...... trying to quit this game (after total addiction) is like trying to quit smoking. I recently got a credit card, and I was tempted to spend $80 in M:tg Online. I believe that M:tg addiction is as bad as MMRPGs.
    I'm not alone!

The real thing is bad enough, and sucked up tons of time (and the Scourge pre-release is this saturday, which will be a nice day out).

I was thinking about starting a thread on CCGs, so I'm chuffed this is here.

For the online version I spent a few hours playing the guest version, using 7th edition theme decks (which I knew inside out anyway, giving me a slight advantage). I was chatting with one oppo, discussing signing on, which I did in the end.

I actually spent $12 in total, just buying event tickets to trade for cards I actually wanted, and put together a nice Green-Red deck. Luckily I can play the real thing with my friends, which is so more socialable.
    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

When I go home and visit with my old friends, we play.

Nowadays, I hardly play, since I don't know anyone who does, and I don't really have the time.

That's why I'd love to see an online MtG like we have online chess, I could play with my friends even though we live so far away.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That's why I'd love to see an online MtG like we have online chess, I could play with my friends even though we live so far away.
        Try http://www.dragonstudios.com/apprentice/
        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Now all I need to do is get my home computer fixed.

THANKS!
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
          X