X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, it's on my must buy list

SG[1]

and I do not mean PtW
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• I don't talk about the expansion cause I have this on the Xbox, and I really don't forsee this coming our way.
      What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

• No, XBox isn't getting it (can't really do an expansion on consoles). Looks very nice though... Hell, it's worth the money just for fixing the journal .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• yep the journal fix is nice looking.

The X-Box allows for expansions... if they are allowed for in the games programming. Nice thing about a hard drive.

Comment

• From what I read from the offical MW MBs, Xbox DOESN'T support XPs and that such talk are rumors.

Either way... once again I prove my theory that PCs are better then consules (with exceptions to NES, SNES, and Old Skool Grey Game Boy).
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

• allright then, it does support add ons. This is for sure, just look at Dead or Alive 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by November Adam
                allright then, it does support add ons. This is for sure, just look at Dead or Alive 3.
                You mean Plug-Ins. There are Plug-Ins for MW, but not many IIRC, since the contruction set is only for the PC and it's hard to make one for the Xbox using it, but I think it's been done.

Simple Plug-Ins like texture changes and what some NPC wear (there is a cross dresser plug in for XBOX).
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

• Originally posted by November Adam
                  yep the journal fix is nice looking.
                  I don't mind the one in the game. If you take your time and patient, you'll find what you're looking for. It's nice to have a pen and paper on the side to just mark down the game date and a pith on what happened. Then go back tot he journal to that date and find what you're looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrawn05
                    I don't mind the one in the game. If you take your time and patient, you'll find what you're looking for.
                    Sure, the one in the game works, it just doesn't work very well. There's no indexing system, there's not even a way to flip though multiple pages. It's very frustrating, especially after having dealt with games that correctly employ the journal system (like BG).

The spellbook is not as annoying as the journal, but it's still sub-par. There's no good way to decently organize your spellbook, especially when you've got dozens of spells and magic items. Often I'll end up using the wrong spell (one that's too powerful or too weak, or that has unnecessary side-effects or doesn't have the correct side-effects) just to avoid having to sift through all of the spells in my spellbook in order to find the right one.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger

Sure, the one in the game works, it just doesn't work very well. There's no indexing system, there's not even a way to flip though multiple pages. It's very frustrating, especially after having dealt with games that correctly employ the journal system (like BG).

The spellbook is not as annoying as the journal, but it's still sub-par. There's no good way to decently organize your spellbook, especially when you've got dozens of spells and magic items. Often I'll end up using the wrong spell (one that's too powerful or too weak, or that has unnecessary side-effects or doesn't have the correct side-effects) just to avoid having to sift through all of the spells in my spellbook in order to find the right one.
                      I thought there was an index? Or is that something else? In anycase it wouldn't bother me either way. I just want Tribunal because by the time it comes around I'd have a character big and tough enough for it. I hope it also fixes that bug with the Wise Woman I heard, I don't want to spoil so I'll say this: She still thinks you are about to fight the big bad demon on Red Mountain even after you did.

There are a few spelling typos (not errors, typos), such as after completing the third trial and talking to the wise woman, it goes "[See listens... ]". Something like this of course I can overlooked. With all those lines of texts in the game I'm not surpised and I won't run down every blessed MW programmer and force them to fix it like Firaxian programmers (Coracle is rubbing off on me ).

===

I decided that, even though I'm a few levels shy of 20 for my player, I want to rush the main quest (which BTW, does not mean in a day), because I'm tired of being killed by ash zombies when I'm resting with only like 5 - 10% health to behing with. It's time to settle the score with Mr. Nasty and go on doing what ever the heck I want.

Comment

• Just to warn you, taking out the main baddy won't make all of the ash zombies/slaves/ghouls and ascended sleepers go away, nor will it make the Dreamers go away (except for a couple Dreamers with actual names).

Comment

Just to warn you, taking out the main baddy won't make all of the ash zombies/slaves/ghouls and ascended sleepers go away, nor will it make the Dreamers go away (except for a couple Dreamers with actual names).
                          Really? I heard otherwise. In fact once you defeat Mr. Baddy and you meet a dreamer, they will thank and your Rep goes up by one .

I know those zombies and such will always be there, but I'm talking about the ones that wake you can try to kill you while resting.

In any case, I'm here Loin because Dargoth Ur wants you to join him. The time of his coming is soon. Take head, and soon you will meet him, as either flesh or ash.... or just give me that Skooma you got there and I'll forget about what I just said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrawn05
                            Really? I heard otherwise. In fact once you defeat Mr. Baddy and you meet a dreamer, they will thank and your Rep goes up by one .
                            Some dreamers will thank you and increase your rep, but they're all dreamers with actual names (usually townspeople who've been slowly going insane). Anybody whose name is just "Dreamer" will still be around trying to kill you--presumably they're too far gone to be recoverable, even after Dagoth-Ur's death. Talking to them (assuming that they don't simply attack you on sight) will only lower their disposition.

I know those zombies and such will always be there, but I'm talking about the ones that wake you can try to kill you while resting.
                            Yup, they'll go away. Incidentally, the zombies that try to kill you in your sleep will only attack in certain towns (like Vivec or Balmora). If you rest in the wilderness or in one of the less important towns then you won't be under risk of attack.

Comment

Yup, they'll go away. Incidentally, the zombies that try to kill you in your sleep will only attack in certain towns (like Vivec or Balmora). If you rest in the wilderness or in one of the less important towns then you won't be under risk of attack.
                              Dammit! I live in Balmora!

Comment

• I found a funny thread in another MB about people who are suffering from "MW Addiction". Some people are finding rocks on the ground and thinking it's a soul gem or actualy trying to bargain with a clerk. Here is my list of when you know you play too much MW.

If you try to admire the clerk at the 711 so you can get a discount on that Slurppy.

You wake up seeing ash zombies by your bed.

If you ever tried to sell Moon Surger to anyone.

If you got someone to buy your Moon Surger.

You feel like destroying the city... then relize you're not playing the game. You realize when you hit somone in the head.

You think crouching down a little would let you steal stuff better.

If you actualy tried to outrun the "guards" and then try to find a cave to hide in.

If you ever said to anyone "See any elves lately?" and then laugh.

You ask someone if they are a Breton, Imperial, Nord, Redguard or a really hot looking Wood Elf.

If you ever ask how the emperor is doing.

(this last actualy happened to me )
                                If you think about pressing F5 before opening the door outside just in case reality crashed.

Comment

Working...
                                X