No announcement yet.

Morrowind experiences vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So bad diplomacy/dialogs are so poor in this game. The mechanics are excellent. I tried a custom-made mage, and combining spells, enchanting items looks like fun (when I get more money and better at enchanting, but, well, I will just have to play more ). Alchemy seems a bit less fun. I find lots of components with one cool effect, but can't find another one with the same to make a good potion at 40-42 in alchemy skill. Hope that gets better later, as I don't want to spend my free time building restore fatigue potions just to sell them away to buy more bread and forage dog meat.

It took me quite a while before understanding the architecture of Vivec. I also found myself unable to enter some rooms because a goddamned blessing made me levitate!

The story sounds good but very diffuse.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
      Alchemy seems a bit less fun. I find lots of components with one cool effect, but can't find another one with the same to make a good potion at 40-42 in alchemy skill. Hope that gets better later, as I don't want to spend my free time building restore fatigue potions just to sell them away to buy more bread and forage dog meat.
      Most ingredients have four effects, but you can't see all of them right away--you've got to increase your Alchemy skill in order to see more effects, IIRC, once your skill is at 75 or 80 then you can see all four effects of an ingredient. You can experiment with making potions in the meantime, though, since you don't actually need to know the effects of an ingredient before making a potion using those effects.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Or you can just find a faq. Saves a lot of time.
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

• Sure, if you don't mind cheating...

Comment

• Not cheating as much as it could be. With the exception of the fact you might find out what ingredients you need before you found any instances of that ingredient, the potions FAQ I found gives you no knowledge you could find just from going into some alchemy and combining all the ingredients you have in pairs without making any potions.
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

• actually loin I thik its only around 55 or 60 to see all 4 effects, unless I'm mistaken.

There seem to be only 2 items that have an effect with no match and the one I remember off of the top of my head is vampire dust, which had the effect of vampirism.
              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

• Are there steps up to getting all 4? Because I must have a skill around 40 or so, and I still only get 1 effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chowlett
                  Are there steps up to getting all 4? Because I must have a skill around 40 or so, and I still only get 1 effect.
                  It increased in steps for me (I started out seeing 2 effects since I had a focus on Magic and had a skill bonus from being a Breton, then worked up to seeing 3 effects before seeing all 4), but I was seeing all 4 before patching the game. I'd assume that they didn't change this at all with the patch, but I dunno for sure.

Comment

• I just keep eating stuff then. At least I've finally realised that "Drain" isn't permanent - that increases the amount of stuff I can eat safely quite hugely...

Comment

• I think it is what quests you do

maybe in combination with level, but I know that I started seeing more after doing cult quests despite my alchemy not going up

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• So far I have two charaters going... a Warrior and a theif. I started with the warrior, with the idea that combat tend to simple enough, and I wanted to get use to how Morrowind works.

My theif is basicly done with. Only because I'm suffering blight with 0 personality (temple and Imperial Cult can't cure me)... and the fact that I murdered and stole everything from Seyda Neen and living in the cave with the slaves that I took over between Seyda Neen and hla Oad (I freed the slaves).

My warrior is currently living in a hut in Ald-ruhn (some woman dark elf tried to kill me.. so I killed her and moved from a house in Balmorra (that Orc woman's house that I had to kill) to there).

Oh, and if I EVER have to go back to Vivec again I'm going to scream!
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

• I think magic is pretty cool. Combining spell effects (like fire damage + soul trap to finish an opponent without bothering about their living longer than the soul trap spell) is great.
                          How does stealth work? I tried stealing a paper on a table while invisible and got seen anyway (and, which is worse, attacked). Admittedly, I have very poor stealth skills. Still, I was invisible and she was looking the other way so how could she see the paper disappear?
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• If the "stealth" icon is not activated, then people might not necessarily see you but they'll hear you or see your handiwork. Next time hold down the stealth button (it's Ctrl on my keyboard), and don't take the paper until the "stealth" icon comes up.

Also, stealing might negate your Invisibility spell. I know attacking or spellcasting certainly does...

Comment

• Stealing is hit and miss for me. Some days I'm extremly lucky (like taking stuff from boxes outside right under the guard's noses) and other days it's all hell.
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

• Stuff in boxes and urns outside (unless attached to a stall) doesn't usually seem to belong to anyone, so taking it isn't counted as theft. This is particularly true of alchemical foodstuffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X