Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer gektoids, my girlfriend needs you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
    Microsoft Outlook socks

Express is OK

one of the cases where that which is free is v=better than that which is not

Jon Miller
    So we still need to find the old stuff...

Comment

• when I install office the one thing I make sure si that I don't install microsoft outlook

well, I haven't read the whole thread (obviously) and am not sure what yuo are trying to do

I would reccomend to your lady, however, to use outlook express in the future (if she wants to use a common decent program)

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

ah, so that one

are you out here than?

Jon Miller
        I will be moving to Richmond in a month. She is happy about that. Me too. Well, will miss ATL. But things are going well with her and it will be fun to be closer. Will be up in DC/Richmond for some house-hunting in a little while. We may even be able to talk some science in the future. Although, my first project sounds a lot more like marketing/business than tech stuff, even though my title will be in technology. Guess they wanted to hire me and only had justification to hire technical people. But what they need and my skills are more related to the marketing/business case-y stuff related to an innovation rather than the tech details. Still may be able to get my mind into the tech if not my hands dirty...

Comment

• what I seem to remember doing before (years ago) in the outlook from office 97 is creating folders and than copying/pasting in my old files over the new folders

you can try that (as long as you have the old files)

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

when I install office the one thing I make sure si that I don't install microsoft outlook

well, I haven't read the whole thread (obviously) and am not sure what yuo are trying to do

I would reccomend to your lady, however, to use outlook express in the future (if she wants to use a common decent program)

Jon Miller
            Well, we have no idea where the outlook express is. We have no shortcut for it. Is it part of W98?

Comment

• good luck with her

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

what I seem to remember doing before (years ago) in the outlook from office 97 is creating folders and than copying/pasting in my old files over the new folders

you can try that (as long as you have the old files)

Jon Miller
                Well, we are not sure that we have the old files. We have this inbox.dbx as described in the thread. Date used would seem to match. She was under the impression that she never used Outlook Express. Just Microsoft Outlook. But her old messages and adress book and all got lost when she changed that one file that had her husband's name on it...

Comment

good luck with her

Jon Miller
                  Thanks, Milla.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

Well, we have no idea where the outlook express is. We have no shortcut for it. Is it part of W98?
                    it is part of internet explorer

it gets absorbed into outlook if you have it (or outlook works with it or something)

it is far better to not install outlook, and just install the outlook express that comes with internet explorer

Jon Miller
                    (who needs to go in to campus and do some serious studying to atone for mistakes in the past (and hopefully not get a C))
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Well, we are not sure that we have the old files. We have this inbox.dbx as described in the thread. Date used would seem to match. She was under the impression that she never used Outlook Express. Just Microsoft Outlook. But her old messages and adress book and all got lost when she changed that one file that had her husband's name on it...
                      if she did not create other folders that might be it

rename it to old.dbx

create a folder in outlook (or outlook express) called old.dbx

than copy your renamed inbox.dbx over it

there might be afew other issues too (I seem to remember two files with every folder)

sorry, it has been a _long_ time since I messed with Outlook

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks, Milla.
                        Milla, the killa, eats MC's fah dinnah...
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• wigger...

Comment

Attached Files
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bump (for techies).

Hey, for all this work on your lady's part, GP, you better be getting some sweet lovin' .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

mykeyboard_is_messed_up>doesn"trecognize_shift_orspace>_or_let_me_backspace>
                                Don't know if your serious here, but I that problem too from time to time.
                                In my case it's just the 'alt-Gr' key being 'stuck'.
                                Pressing it a couple off times releases it, maybe I should clean it sometime
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X