Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer gektoids, my girlfriend needs you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, kill one, then try to open up an app, and see if it's any faster.

Repeat the above process for those 6 processes

What is Synaptics?
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

screenshot

here

Comment

screenie won't attach.

Comment

synaptics is my touchpad for my laptop. I don't think I should kill it. Although, I am using a mouse. I will try a reboot first...

Comment

Antivirus is on free-av.com
            For recovery of messages go to C:\WINDOWS.000\Application Data\Identities\{C some weird number 3AED3B6703}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
            this is the directory where are messages.
            In outlook go to file - import > messages > chose program > import mail from directory. Do you remmember that directory above? Right it is the ONE.

When you'll try to recover messages from your backup it would be the right way to do so.

BTW your gf should send you the error message.

And your computer could use some regclean.

Comment

Yeah it sounds like a regclean is in order also.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                coffee shop? peacenick? hat? washington post?
                Wall Street Journal (US edition). Best place for a finance journalist...

Comment

Originally posted by raghar
                  Antivirus is on free-av.com
                  For recovery of messages go to C:\WINDOWS.000\Application Data\Identities\{C some weird number 3AED3B6703}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
                  this is the directory where are messages.
                  In outlook go to file - import > messages > chose program > import mail from directory. Do you remmember that directory above? Right it is the ONE.

When you'll try to recover messages from your backup it would be the right way to do so.

BTW your gf should send you the error message.

And your computer could use some regclean.
                  ok. thank you. You seem to know your stuff, so:

1. What is regclean. What does it do, disadvantages, etc.

2. I will get her to send the error message or to write it down.

3. WRT the Outlook situation: any ideas where her old messages and adresses and such are? (different problem...but she renamed a file that had outlook in it (I guess) to not have her hubby's name on it. And it made it so that outlook looked brand new. she changed it back and all but can't find the old messages and stuff.

Comment

rebooting fixed my immediate problem. But how do I regclean. I will do that.

Comment

You'll need to download a registry cleaner.

Suggestions raghar?

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
                        space works now I see.

You could always try Poly's parasite checker, see if that turns out anything...
                        What is this?

Comment

I believe that's when you go to the front page of Apolyton, it will check your computer to see if you have a parasite. If you don't have it it won't show.

(It'll actually say on the front page if you have the parasite).

Comment

(this is too obvious a setup but...) How do I get to the "front page of Apolyton"?

Comment

Comment

I went there. Couldn't find anyplace where it told me whether I had a parasite or was free. Maybe Mark doesn't have that feature anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X