Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer gektoids, my girlfriend needs you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you open up Spybot and go to Tools --> Processes it will show the same thing as Ctrl-Alt-Delete, just with a more verbose output. (It will tell you where the program is installed and usually you can make out what it is).
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Well...I will try that. But still I am scared to kill running processes when I don't know what they are. Plus, do I kill them once and they stay dead or do I kill them each time I restart?

Comment

From the ctrl-alt-delete screen if you kill them, they will stay dead until you reboot.

When you reboot they will start up again.

The ones you shouldn't kill are the ones that say, "Windows" or "System" on them.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

you are not enough for her?

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Right now it is all about me and my computer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              From the ctrl-alt-delete screen if you kill them, they will stay dead until you reboot.

When you reboot they will start up again.

The ones you shouldn't kill are the ones that say, "Windows" or "System" on them.
              Ok, I will do some killing. Let me see what I have:

Comment

crap, how do I select and print the displayed processes under ctrl alt del? It won't let me select more than one.

Comment

You can't print them.

Hit print-screen, that will take a screenshot.

Then go to Paint and paste. Then you'll have to upload the picture here.

Comment

GP's processes:

xxx.exe Hot economists (Premium subscription)
                    tnomic.exe Thugganomics Weekly
                    GDP.exe GDP Monthly GDP statistics blather
                    sub.exe Modern Sub

Comment

here is what spybot had ( i was able to export a list. Than I had to determine the whole path of what i had exported. And then use WE to find it. And had to turn on "view hidden folders to get that".

Sheesh. I am really sick of Windows trying to be like a Mac. Give me back my 3.1.1. Or my NT.

----------------------------------

Spybot-S&D process list report, 4/26/2003 3:35:08 PM

PID: 0 ( 0) [System]
                      PID: 4 ( 0) System
                      PID: 164 ( 680) ALG.EXE
                      PID: 192 ( 680) C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
                      PID: 220 ( 680) C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
                      PID: 384 ( 4) \SystemRoot\System32\smss.exe
                      PID: 580 ( 384) CSRSS.EXE
                      PID: 604 ( 384) \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                      PID: 652 ( 680) C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
                      PID: 680 ( 604) C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                      PID: 692 ( 604) C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                      PID: 912 ( 680) C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                      PID: 1032 (1460) C:\WINDOWS\system32\cleanmgr.exe
                      PID: 1040 ( 680) C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                      PID: 1184 ( 680) SVCHOST.EXE
                      PID: 1264 ( 680) SVCHOST.EXE
                      PID: 1460 (1436) C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                      PID: 1524 ( 680) C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                      PID: 1688 (1460) C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
                      PID: 1696 (1460) C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
                      PID: 1704 (1460) C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
                      PID: 1712 (1460) C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
                      PID: 1740 (1460) C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
                      PID: 1748 (1460) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
                      PID: 1756 (1460) C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
                      PID: 1768 (1460) C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
                      PID: 1776 (1460) C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
                      PID: 3544 (1460) C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                      PID: 3672 (1460) C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe

Comment

You can't print them.

Hit print-screen, that will take a screenshot.

Then go to Paint and paste. Then you'll have to upload the picture here.
                        Well, what rocket scientist at MS didn't reallize people would want to record the list of processes? I will do it like you say. But it is ridiculous with the amount of people they have and the time they've spent that there are still so many poor ergonomic features.

Comment

Try all of these:

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Well, what rocket scientist at MS didn't reallize people would want to record the list of processes? I will do it like you say. But it is ridiculous with the amount of people they have and the time they've spent that there are still so many poor ergonomic features.
                            Oh no dude don't go to the trouble to do the screenshot.

The Spybot thing you put here is perfect.

Comment

ctrl alt del list of processes

Here:

Comment

Try all of these:

What you mean by try, kimosabe? try = kill? One at time or all die at once?

Comment

Working...
                                X