Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer gektoids, my girlfriend needs you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be.

But I think if you don't have it it doesn't tell you your free.

If you have it it will tell you.

(assuming it's still there).
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      Could be.

But I think if you don't have it it doesn't tell you your free.

If you have it it will tell you.

(assuming it's still there).
      I want positive control. That type of system is how we killed all those guys on the Indianapolis.

Comment

http://www.pt.lu/comnet/desc/regclean.html for example of from download.com.com Try to use Google

ragclean if very automatic tool for removing unnecessary registry entries. You know that stuff what is left by wrong uninstalation and by running windows.

Regcleaner is another utility that is nice for uninstaling and record of install.

I would recommend to get regclean for start and then other utils like Regcleaner and Installwatch pro.

If she didn't delete Windows/aplications data/identies/, then there is high chance that her old inbox is still here. you might try to find ther right file by F3 "inbox.dbx" and look at date.

Comment

I can tell raghar likes tech because he just said to use Google.

You forgot the RTFM line!
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I can tell raghar likes tech because he just said to use Google.
            You forgot the RTFM line!
            I don't use that words. It would be stupid, and I often don't read manual, sooner than after two mounths. You know games are better without manual - surprise.
            Google is nice if you like to get higher version of file or if your old link doesn't work. Quite common after 9/ you know when US become creazy and blasted out all interesting info.
            I'm rather artist. Game developer that could do very nice programming. Well someone could done lots with cars I could do a lots with computers.

Comment

Ok...I am working on her system and mine. hope the relationship stays together. It is tough when we do this on the phone.

Question: How do I change her security settings. Her settings in zonealarm are already at high/high? Is she cool then?

Comment

She might be fine. You might consider to disable download of ActiveX controls in IE to increase security.

Comment

We found the file inbox.dbx (about a month old so good sign). What do we do now? There were no later versions of the inbox...even though she has been using her outlook a fair amount. Including yesterday.

Comment

Forget the computer problems tell us about your woman and your relationship, etc.

Comment

• In outlook go to file > import > messages > chose program > import mail from directory. Do you remmember that directory above?

If you think that file is the right one you could do above procedure. If you will be wrong you'll have a lots of duplicate files in your inbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
                        Right now it is all about me and my computer...
                        so you are your own girlfreind?

that seems to be a common situation for apolytoners

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Umm....she can't get that to work. She has Microsoft Outlook. Not Outlook Express. It has import/export settings, but she couldn't find one that does the import from a directory. It just lets you import from ACT and other programs like that. Maybe it is under Tools or something. We will fiddle around with it. Part of the hard part is that I'm not at her system...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                            Forget the computer problems tell us about your woman and your relationship, etc.
                            She has a 3 year old kid...young looking 31. Soccer player. Special ed teacher for Fairfax County.

Comment

• Microsoft Outlook socks

Express is OK

one of the cases where that which is free is v=better than that which is not

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

She has a 3 year old kid...young looking 31. Soccer player. Special ed teacher for Fairfax County.
                                ah, so that one

are you out here than?

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X