No announcement yet.

Arrogant/sarcastic bastard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spec, You did the right thing to go back and apologize.. makes you feel good, right?

I think you went over the line after laughing to her after the mixer thing.. It's times like these you can benefit the situation and ask chicks out. So easy to pick up there and just go you know 'I must help you out.. no no I'll help you out' and when she refuses and starts cleaning up you just go there and help.. then ask.. 'pretty bad day huh?.. So why don't we make it a happy ending.. say I buy you a cup of coffee?' .. excellent opportunity!
    She immediately thinks you're a good guy to help her out and talk nice, she feels like clumsy idiot.. that's the moment when you strike.

I'm definitely an opportunist. But not in a bad way, it sounds like it's a bad thing. But you guys know, I believe foolishly that I'm the good guy, and eventually I'll get my break in things and start rolling.. like 'good things happen to those who wait'.. being patient and all that. So, meanwhile I try to be nice to everyone, extremely polite. You never know what's going to happen, maybe that person you help or save his/her day, be polite and good guy.. you never know.. you might benefit greatly after few years you go into job interview and there that person is! Or some other opportunities may come down the line. This doesn't mean you should think people as objects that you want to benefit from. But think it like good things happens to good guys some day. And if not.. well it's free and it makes you feel good, and if that's the only benefit you get.. well that should be enough, right?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

You seem to have this weird reaction when a female dares to "waste" your time. Perhaps you oughtta look into that.
      What? Where did you get that? Not females only John, anyone! And yes, I should look into that....
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

You know the best feeling is when you help someone and they say 'I wish there were more people like you.. rare these days'.. then you feel so good about yourself.. the best feeling . There's always enough time to help out someone in trouble.. or at least there should be!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Spec, you did what all of us THINK about doing but don't have the balls for.
          Thank you. But I still feel bad forit though.

Pekka: I know what I could have done but I already have a girlfriend and a baby boy with her...Seems like the mixer exploded just 4 years too late.

Spec.
          Last edited by Spec; April 24, 2003, 17:30.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Spec, what does having a gf have anything to do with scoring?

Besides, I was only talking about going for a cup of coffee..
            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Spec, what does having a gf have anything to do with scoring?

Besides, I was only talking about going for a cup of coffee..

Eventhough, I dont feel like this would be appropriate, and it never even crossed my mind anyways so...
              And scoring, I dont need to do that anymore anyways, I had my share of "goals" in my earlier years.

Spec.

Comment

Ok, good.. that was just suggestion in general what you can do in those kind of situations..
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Spec, you did what all of us THINK about doing but don't have the balls for.
                  Which part? The part about being annoying or the part about giving roses to purty girls he doesn't know?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

[edited for adult content: violence, strong language ]
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Spec, i hope you eat paint and die
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                        Spec, i hope you eat paint and die

Spec don't deserves that. He did the right thing in the end...

Btw, my wife thinks he's doing the right thing now:

Originally posted by Spec

Eventhough, I dont feel like this would be appropriate, and it never even crossed my mind anyways so...
                        And scoring, I dont need to do that anymore anyways, I had my share of "goals" in my earlier years.

Spec.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

this is the funniest thread I ever readed on OTF thanks Spec.

And ask that girl out
                          >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Oh, CP (hmm, rethinking abbreviation...) ChiPre, then you missed the "nasty stuff people have done for money". Great thread.

Spec, don't ask her out. Introduce her to Apolyton.
                            Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Originally posted by rah

It's attitudes like this that reduces ones opportunity to get laid.
                              If a girl is gonna get with you anyway, it doesn't matter if you buy a rose or not.

And what is a **** if you got it just because you got her a rose.

Bloody adolescent wimps.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You're such a romantic.

I guess you're one of those that just pulls his pants down and says, "you know you want it"

RAH
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X