Most likely 51st US State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

move zig

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Cuba: 1) Proximaty; and 2) after we liberate them, there will be a large number of Cuban exiles returning. They will want to stay Americans. So, at an appropriate time, we will give Cuba a choice of staying with us or going independent. I suspect that they will choose to stay with America and will petition to become a state.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Why would we want any of these choices?
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Plato, at least with respect to the new Cuba, there will be a large number of American living there who will want it. This is the typical reason that we admit new states.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
            Cuba: 1) Proximaty
            And not Canada?
            What?

Comment

Canada has more oil but UK has oil too, I am for UK
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                Plato, at least with respect to the new Cuba, there will be a large number of American living there who will want it. This is the typical reason that we admit new states.
                Ned, you may well be correct! IIRC it was supposed to be a fantastic tourist destination in the 1950's. We might as well collect the taxes!
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I hope you're going to do a better job of buying the Cubans loyalty than with the Iraqis.

Comment

Alberta
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

As soon as we get the pipeline hooked up, it's going to be Iraq.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Canada is already a state in everything but name.

Alpha Centauri will be our next state, as soon as we build enough SS components and modules.
                        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Seriously, either Puerto Rico or Washington D.C.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Cuba is warmer than Canada, so Cuba .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Cuba!
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Guam?

Comment

Working...
                                X