Women and payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and payment?

Why is there a difference in the wage between women and men? If they are hired to do the same job, shouldn't they also get the same wage?

I know lots of women who works harder/better than the males at their working place, but still they get less payed than the men...

Why's that? If they work harder/better than guys, then why doesn't they get more money than them? Or atleast the same amount?
    Women should have a higher wage than men...
    5.00%
    Yes, they should be treated equal
    30.00%
    No, men are better than women, they should therefore get a higher wage than women
    0.00%
    Depends on the situation: If they do their work better, they should be payed more, else...
    45.00%
    Women should be payed in Bananas...
    20.00%
    This space is empty... or is it?

Don't start this again. It's enough trouble persuading some people here to let them join a golf club.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Performance should determine compensation. Not gender.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

aah, I was hoping for a thread on suggestions for soliciting and prostiitution.

Comment

Women deserve more. Don't you agree Agathon?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
            Don't start this again. It's enough trouble persuading some people here to let them join a golf club.
            You mean that golf thread was about this? I just thought it was about golf, not about which gender you are... I didn't look at it, since I'm not interested in Golf...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

*Walks in, prepared to make joke*

Originally posted by gsmoove23
              aah, I was hoping for a thread on suggestions for soliciting and prostiitution.
              Drat.

*Walks out*
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                *Walks in, prepared to make joke*

Drat.

*Walks out*
                That's alright, your joke probably wasn't that funny anyway.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  Two entirely different things. Equal pay is the only way to go here.

Of course, you'll argue that they should be paid more because men are pigs.......

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                    Of course, you'll argue that they should be paid more because men are pigs.......
                    You're implying that men aren't pigs??? Clearly you're a racist!
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

You're implying that men aren't pigs??? Clearly you're a racist!
                      I'm a sexy racist!!!

Or is that a racy sexist?

ACK!

Comment

Of course they are!

All of them.

Edit: X-post Tuberski.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                          Women deserve more. Don't you agree Agathon?
                          Nice ambiguity there.

Isn't the cause of the gap in a large part that women take time off to have children (or it is feared that they will) and this affects their career prospects?

I know people say that having kids is a choice a woman makes, but if they all stopped we'd be pretty screwed as a race. Given that they don't get paid for the socially and economically useful act of having children, something ought to be done.

Perhaps you should change from ACK! to OINK! TB.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                            Of course they are!

All of them.
                            Especially the ones that grope women in gyms.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Whatever happened to

"From each according to his abilty, to each according to their needs."

So the pay should depend upon the relative needs of women and men, should it not?
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                              X