You never know when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never know when....

You never know when something is going to happen that will change your life. My boss fell in love with a Goldwing motorcycle and bought it in 1999. Ever since they have been inseperable save inclement weather. Two nights ago he ran into some uneven pavement and died probabley immediately upon hitting the ground. Everyone here is in a state of shock. Not only have I lost a friend, but the Commonwealth of Virginia requires that private medical practices be owned by a physician, so his widow will be required to close or sell the practice, meaning that I may eventually lose my job. Looks like I may join the list of 'poly members forced to hit the road. No, I can't afford to buy the place. Through Wall Street I've made donations over the years to what amounted to be nothing more than the legal defense funds of numerous CEOs.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

sorry to hear that
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Sorry to hear about your boss.

Could a few physicians get together and purchase the practice?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Through Wall Street I've made donations over the years to what amounted to be nothing more than the legal defense funds of numerous CEOs.
            i hate to hear that Dr. Strangelove, hopefully things will work out so you won't have to move and you won't have to take a paycut. I'm sorry you lost a friend.

Comment

Good luck...

And ditto for obiwan18's question...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                Sorry to hear about your boss.

Could a few physicians get together and purchase the practice?
                Who knows? Everything is up in the air now. It isn't exactly a fat juicy profit making practice. We've always had a very high precentage of welfare patients. Once you have a reputation for having a lot of "those people" hanging around your office the paying patients abandon ship.

Comment

Can you buy it for $1 and hold it in trust until someone else comes along?
                  If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

oooh sorry Doc... that's really a sad situation. I hope things will improve for you.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Who knows? Everything is up in the air now. It isn't exactly a fat juicy profit making practice. We've always had a very high precentage of welfare patients. Once you have a reputation for having a lot of "those people" hanging around your office the paying patients abandon ship.
                      Is moving out of the question ? Surely there are some places where you can find work.

Good luck!
                      What?

Comment

wow that sucks.
                        :-p

Comment

Doc,

You're one of my favorite posters here ever, always speaking wisdom.

Good luck with whatever happens.

You'll be just fine.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

Is moving out of the question ? Surely there are some places where you can find work.

Good luck!
                              Well, like I said, everything is up in the air right now. Yes I could move I suppose, but the kids love it here. Just a few years ago Sarah, now 12, was going through a phase where she thought that she didn't have a friend in the world, i.e., at school. She's finally gotten over that and I'd hate to see her backslide. Also my wife suffers from near crippling arthritis, and preparing to move would be an ordeal for her.

The other problem is that quite frankly my boss pampered me too much. He took care of all the business and maintenance, and I just practiced medicine.

Comment

Working...
                              X