Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I did the right thing still
    Me too.

Then I heard impact sound and ran outside, and one of them (one of three) was running away, and I see his footstep on my car door. This was clear message to me, I need to kick the **** out of them.
    The only viable option.
    From my experiences, the cops don't have enough resources nor time nor interest to search them from their holes, in a long time, at least. So in the meanwhile, they would've came back and ruined your life, if you would've done nothing.

I immidiately figured, that if I don't make them go away now, they will keep doing more and more, kicking my car more and go even further until I explode. So I decided to go at it right away.

rah, yes, it seemed like they don't want to go to court with this either. They wanted to be little tough, but that's ok, we agreed no one presses charges, and that we don't have any grudges. He sounded sincere, so I trust this is the case. And everyone was ok, apparently there was no swelling in other guys neck as I thought, only one of them got little bloody nose that is ok now
    Good to know that there's still some justice in the world...
    Last edited by RGBVideo; April 16, 2003, 10:06.

Comment

Tuome, Thanks for the support, this is almost over. The guys were at the police station today in hearing, and they played it like the promised. The cops said that this is nothing and since they admit what they did and I admit too, and we have come to agreement and made peace already and said were all sorry for what happened, they said prosecutor has to look the case anyway, but it's very likely to be dismissed since no one has claims and all that.
      I have to be there tomorrow, but I think it's pretty much case closed, thank God.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        I don't suppose Finnish judges will swallow "temporary insanity" the way ours will?
        Temporary ? You have just to bring to the judge some post you made on this forum !
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Nice Pekka!
          I hope everything turns out okay for you.

If not, give me a call. If you pay for it, I'll fly from Chicago to Finland and break their legs for you.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

hopefully you'll have a thicker skin if something like this happens again. at least attempt some real communication before you attack someone.
            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Good for you, Pekka!
              Sounds like those guys were begging for an ass kicking.
              "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

The guys were at the police station today in hearing, and they played it like the promised. The cops said that this is nothing and since they admit what they did and I admit too, and we have come to agreement and made peace already and said were all sorry for what happened, they said prosecutor has to look the case anyway, but it's very likely to be dismissed since no one has claims and all that.
                I have to be there tomorrow, but I think it's pretty much case closed, thank God.
                well good luck pekka! i'm glad it looks like things are going to work out for you!

i know what it's like to be in a situation like that, so i'm glad that things have worked out for you

Comment

Thanks for the support guys, I was really sweating about it yesterday, but now I feel ok .
                  It helped a lot to talk about this.

pg, Well.. punks are like dictators.. talking with them won't do any good.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

pg, Well.. punks are like dictators.. talking with them won't do any good
                    Yeah, and you didn't kill the rest of the neighborhood in order to get them.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, Well.. you know if I was living in the US or other place, I might have controlled myself more. I knew that these guys didn't have guns, and they wouldn't come back to shoot me. We don't have that problem. So at most I would have only got my butt kicked instead. I wouldn't charge to suspisous looking guys in the US I'd have to be crazy!
                      In da butt.

Comment

Those punks deserved some spanking. Not that I support violence, but I would consider what you did as self-defence.

Two years ago, while I was on holiday, some punks entered my garden with a spray can and graffitied KUK (=D!CK) on a large stone facing the lake, so that all boats passing by (which owners I mostly know) would see it. The stone surface is so rough that I have not been able to remove it yet.

If I see them graffiti my garden again, I will graffiti them back with my paintball marker!
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Olaf, oh man, that sounds bad . These types thinks it's funny, but they don't have any respect for others property. They may not realize how hard people work for it. Many crimes are done by people from all ages groups, but vandalizing? Mostly youngsters who get kicks from braking stuff and making a mess. They should know how it feels to have their own property messed up, so that few teenagers get few laughs.

I mean I understand if someone steals from you, they need money or they couldn't afford the thing they stole, or wanted it really bad, but just breaking and messing around? That's just stupid.
                          In da butt.

Comment

They were probably drunk and on a graffiti tagging tour. You could follow their traces from the city centre all the way to where I live. There were offensive graffiti in black on road signs, fences, thrash containers and powergrid node stations all along the way (2 km).
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Pekka,

Listen to what rah is saying...he sounds like he knows his stuff. I'm not familiar with Finnish laws but you should stick with your story and tell it how it went down every time you are asked. When/If you go to court, an option that you can do is broker a deal with the judge or whomever passes sentence.

If you are worried that this may be on your record, you could have your lawyer propose that you do community service for 'X' amount of time and be put on your country's version of probation. After completing your probationary sentence, your record could be wiped clean of this incident.

Basically, pay the fine if there is one, try to see if you can broker a deal with the judge to somehow wipe your record clean by community service or what-not, and see how things go.

Good Luck.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Yes, I'll be heading to the station in few hours. Rah definitely sounds like he knows this stuff

We can't do any deals with judges. Also there is no option of doing community service and then getting clean record. If the record comes, it comes and there's pretty much nothing I can do it to compensate so that I wouldn't get it.

I found out, that even if charges still come and it goes through, there's a possibility that I don't get a record. I don't get criminal record over this for sure, this is what you would call misdemenaour. But record is a record anyway, and if I try to apply for long term visas for example to US, or green card or what ever, it will show up even if I don't have criminal record, because they ask if you have ever been convicted, and I would have to say yes, or I would be lying and then I would definitely NOT get applications through, ever. So I'm not worried about criminal record, not going to happen, but that other record and solely because my future plans have moving to US..
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X