No announcement yet.

It finally happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't suppose Finnish judges will swallow "temporary insanity" the way ours will?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wear a suit. AND use your size to your advantage. This is good supporting logic that your intent was just to scare them (since they are obviously misguided teens only) and not hurt them. They are unhurt and it should be obvious that if your intent was to hurt them, they would be hurt. You just didn't want them to hit your car again. And if they say they didn't hit your car, hopefully the judge will think that if they lied about that, what else might they be lying about.

RAH
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Elok, Nah.. won't happen. I'm looking ways to get as low punishment as possible, avoid that record. I'm not even sure if they give records for this, maybe I'm not getting one anyway, but I'm not so sure. And I'm also pretty sure that if I didn't attack them right then, they would have kept pushing their luck, violating my property more and more.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Aivo½iso, well after that I told them to leave, I didn't attack then. I attacked when one of them kicked my car. I don't know what you would have done. I guess I was supposed to suck it up?
          Yeah, I know that can be irritating, to put it mildly, but why did you attack them while being aware of the consequences?

Comment

rah, that makes sense. I must stress out that this is not serious thing, but it can mess up things if I get that record.

Just feels stupid, because this was nothing but an ordinary fight thing, like to teens fighting each other in school yard or something. I don't know, but it could be possible that we can work it out ourselves, and I won't get charged. Like settlement, we would talk it out, I think it's possibility here. I don't know if they want it, but then again if they don't, they'll get something for kicking my car I think, so it would be better if we could talk it out, as much as I'd hate it to kiss their butts. Not sure if this is possible though.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Aivo½iso, well didn't think one of them would actually call the cops! At most I thought they'd go lick their wounds some place and swear to get me back or something, but I really wasn't expecting THEY would be the ones calling cops, AFTER they ran away.
              In da butt.

Comment

After doing something somewhat stupid, Kissing butt and settling is a small price to pay.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes, I will do it most definitely, if it's possible. Also I think it would be embarrasing for them, since it would be known that they got their butts kicked by one guy, thus they'd lose their credibility. So if possible, I think they would meet me in the half way and do this quite, easy and fast.
                  In da butt.

Comment

They didn't get their butts kicked. They got chased off by an oversized troll. Nothing to be ashamed of there.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well that's true, they didn't get their butts kicked.. but they should be ashamed that they were working me and then when it was time to fight me, they didn't...

But to anyone who is now thinking I'm totally monster who beats little babies when they smile at me, I know I was the one who acted against the law.. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

Plus I had to act. There was no place I could have gone myself. I was at home. Nowhere to keep walking.
                      In da butt.

Comment

ok one of my friends got one of those guys cellphone number. Maybe I should just call him, explain the situation and maybe they would agree to talk it through.
                        I could say that I'll forgive them their behaviour and I won't say a word to their buddies that they were sissies, and they wouldn't want me to get charged, so I'd save my day. I'll just wonder what I'll say and call them up. I hope it won't backfire.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Evil, evil Finland.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I don't get the beginning part . . . They were something like 10m from your property and it seems the worst thing they were doing was spitting at first. Why not just let them alone then??

When they kicked your car it was a different matter but if there was no damage to it that makes it difficult to explain the necessity of tossing them about.

On the facts as you have explained them, you would likely be convicted of assault if this happened in Canada. Unlike many parts of the US, defense of property usually does not cut it as a defence for assaults, murder etc. What they did would be considered provocation ( like if they started calling your wife a sl*t or wh*re). Their behavior does not excuse yours and you should still be convicted but their actions would be considered as a mitigating factor at sentencing. Here you would likely get a fine, community service or even an absolute discharge ) if they came across as real punks).

If people hanging about is a problem, consider installing a lawn sprinkler that overshoots your property a bit. I imagine that most days are cool enough to make getting wet unpleasant. All you need to do is turn it on -- and don't let them see you do it. Problem solved and no confrontation. Personally I would prefer to march out there with a medium pressure water cannon LOL-- its still an assult but a judge might appreciate your creativity
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Plus I had to act. There was no place I could have gone myself. I was at home. Nowhere to keep walking.
                              I can understand your frustration. People can be crude, rude and annoying without doing anything that violates the law. Your choices are to put up with it or act. Unfortunately, the second you lay hands on them, you break the law. There is no self-defense here and I'm willing to bet that had you ignored them, they would have gotten bored and gone away.

Its no different than the name-callers in the schoolyard or the trolls at apolyton. They enjoy the people that react.

Last time I had someone cursing a blue streak, I waited silently and when he had fully expressed his opinions as to my lineage and sexual habits, I just laughed and said " I disagree" and walked on. The poor guy looked perplexed-- he expected escalating invective from me ( you'd have to know me . . . I almost never lose my temper and just get quieter and more concentrated when things get intense-- I can be very angry but my quiet tone and non-agressive bearing tends to defuse things)
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

See you in five to ten Pekka, and don't forget to cover your cornhole when you drop the soap

Comment

Working...
                                X