No announcement yet.

2 Player Card Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not M:tG. Nightmares of a blackhole sucking in $.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

@ this Corsican Battle stuff

I wonder about that identical card thing. I mean the player that plays the identical card knows it beforehand, while the others dont. So... Of course always the player which played that identical card will smash them first. Or did I miss something?
      If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

DanielXY :
        The player doesn't know what card he'll play : the deck is on the table such a way the player only sees the back of his cards. He must play his cards in a way he doesn't see them beforehand. I have become quite good to this game, and I can tell you I have often won piles while smashing another player's card

However, there is a way to know what card will come next, if you are cautious : once you win the pile, you put it at the bottom of your deck. If you have won, say, thanks to two Eights following each other, you perfectl know there will be two consecutive Eights at some point. When you play the first one, you know you'll have to smash right after playing the next card. But the opponenets can have such knowledge too

There is also an additional optional rule to make the game even more fast and furious : the player who wins normally (i.e his opponent has exhausted his chances without playing a face) doesn't have all the time to take the pile. The player following the loser may play a card quickly. If he managed to play the card before the winner takes the pile, the game continues as normal
        In 2 players, it never happens, since the player following the loser is the winner, and he doesn't want to risk his pile.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

SNAP!
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Pokemon
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Euchre after I've murdered my opponents.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Two suggestions. One is Cribbage. The other is a game whose name I'm not sure of; it can be played by any number from 2 on up. Basically, each player has a deck and plays Solitaire, except that the piles that start with aces are out in the middle and anyone can build on them. Each player has a pile of 13 cards face down, and if one of the columns in front of him is empty, he fills it with a card from the face-down pile. The first player to empty his pile stops the game and gets a bonus for going out. Players get points for cards played on the ace piles, and lose points for cards left in their face-down piles.
                "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Crib By far the best 2 player card game.

If you can remember the finish is 121 points, then you don't even need the board, just a deck and a piece of paper to keep track of the score.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think cribbage needs a board. Points are scored in ones and twos a lot of time, there is a reason people play on boards. Its just not as fun on paper.

Comment

war. The most simplest game ever.

(Shuffle. split deck in half. Shuffle again. Draw card from top. Highest card wins. Winner collects the pile and shuffles piles back into playing hands when they run out)
                      :-p

Comment

Working...
                      X