No announcement yet.

Monkspider investigates: Sowing the whirlwind? Washington vs Damascus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria will undoubtably call Bush's bluff, making GWB look even more of a fool. The Arab world will cheer the brave Syrians for standing up to the Americans. Brilliant diplomacy, George.

Comment

BTW, Syria is not a signatory to the chemical weapons treaties. So from that point of view they can have as much chemical weapons as they like.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
        Syria will undoubtably call Bush's bluff, making GWB look even more of a fool. The Arab world will cheer the brave Syrians for standing up to the Americans. Brilliant diplomacy, George.
        Hmmm... then why did Syria close their borders as requested... They sure look like they are running scared.

While anybody with half a brain knows it's only a bluff, especially with 2 aircraft carriers returning to port, the Arab propaganda machine is doing the job for us. They are so convinced that we will attack, and are repeating it over and over again... they are actually falling for their own propaganda...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Monkspider, why do you insist in calling Iran "Persia"?, I mean, it is ok, I am just curious.
          Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Who gives a rat's ass if Syria is harbouring Saddam or important Iraqis. They were only a problem while they were running a country, its not like they're terrorist leaders. Let 'em sit and stew in God forsaken Syria and if they ever need some first rate surgery or such we'll nab 'em when they try to sneak to the west like they did with Pinochet or like they'd like to do with Kissinger.

As for chemical weapons lets have some proof and its gotta be more then a teaspoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Hmmm... then why did Syria close their borders as requested... They sure look like they are running scared.
              They'll call it a "security matter" or something. Even without the US pressure, who wants to harbor the leaders of a brutal regime? They would likely win the sympathy of the locals and create a grassroots power to be reckoned with. The last thing Syria wants is competition in the dictator department. It'd be akin to the Jordanians having to kick out the PLO years ago.

While anybody with half a brain knows it's only a bluff, especially with 2 aircraft carriers returning to port, the Arab propaganda machine is doing the job for us.
              The people are undoubtably nervous but they don't matter. Only the dictator, and I suspect he knows a bluff when he sees one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

While anybody with half a brain knows it's only a bluff, especially with 2 aircraft carriers returning to port, the Arab propaganda machine is doing the job for us. They are so convinced that we will attack, and are repeating it over and over again... they are actually falling for their own propaganda...
                Why not? The Syrians are a shrewd bunch. By overtly closing the border, they made Bush & Co. think that the bluff worked. Meanwhile, what's stopping them from harbouring Baath Party types if they feel like it? It's not like the US are there checking.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Syria closed there borders after the US had alread secured the other side and most of the important Iraqis and God knows what else who could have gotten through already did. It was an empty gesture.

Comment

I just wish Syria quit using Lebanon as a huge terrorist training camp.

Comment

I prefer to call Iran Persia too. The name Iran came from the word Aryan, the Shah at that time was buddies with Hitler; Iran as a country name is racist and should not be used.

Comment

I have no doubt they have chem weaponary, but that's not a reason to go to war with them.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X