No announcement yet.

Poll: should I go see Paul McCartney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note, I thought the popular approach to that particular question was that Yoko Ono, not Paul McCartney, broke up The Beatles.

That's the popular approach. By '69 Lennon was too doped out to even know what was happening and he had to rely on Yoko to even wipe his own ass. Harrison was into religion to care and Ringo was just Ringo.

By that time the Beatles were no longer a group, everyone did their own thing, but when McCartney pushed his brother in law as their new manager the whole thing blew up.

Yoko was just an excuse, I feel kind of sorry for her, without her the Beatles would have broken apart even sooner...
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

You should go, if you can afford the 70 euros. I'm 49 years old, so my opinion is biased...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

ewww. geezer thread.

*I* would go, and I am 18, and broke.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

All of us 'geezers'.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What's a geezer?
            Once again...

Comment

a slang word for an old guy.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Oh my god, now I feel really old
                Once again...

Comment

Because I'm with Lennon on this :"The only thing you did was Yesterday, but after all, you're just another day"

What bull****. McCartney doesn't get any respect...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'd go in a heartbeat.

/geezer mode...
                    I said!: /geezer mode
                    God dammit! / geezer mo...
                    Oh well... another thing that doesn't work as it used to...
                    What?

Comment

McCartney rocks. I definitely go if I were you. I am not a big fan of classic rock, nor am I a fan of most of Paul's stuff post-Beatles (Band on the Run and Uncle Albert are both great songs though) but I am obsessed with the Beatles.

BTW, I would walk out if Paul *didn't* play "Yesterday".
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

nor am I a fan of most of Paul's stuff post-Beatles (Band on the Run and Uncle Albert are both great songs though)

Why does no one remember "Baby I'm Amazed"?

KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What bull****. McCartney doesn't get any respect...

Totally agree!!

Without McCartney, Lennon is just a wierd hippie singer who becomes no more famous than Janis Joplin (if he gets remembered at all). Without Lennon, McCartney is just a silly little love song writer who is no more famous than Elvis Costello. They needed each other in order to succeed. Their after Beatles stuff was no where near what they used to make. Though McCartney wrote the best Beatles tunes like 'Yesterday' and 'Hey Jude'.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Without McCartney, Lennon is just a wierd hippie singer who becomes no more famous than Janis Joplin (if he gets remembered at all). Without Lennon, McCartney is just a silly little love song writer who is no more famous than Elvis Costello. They needed each other in order to succeed. Their after Beatles stuff was no where near what they used to make.

Right on.

Though McCartney wrote the best Beatles tunes like 'Yesterday' and 'Hey Jude'.

Double right on.

KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Drake, I just severly dislike people that push up Lennon and push down McCartney. It's silly. The only reason for it is because Lennon died in 1980 and became deified. John, Paul, George, and Ringo needed each other. They were the defintion of 'band'. John stopped Paul from being too sappy and cheesy, and Paul stopped John from being too far out and too wierd. George kept the balance with his brilliance with the guitar, and Ringo, well, he was just Ringo . Peacemaker extrodinare.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Drake, I just severly dislike people that push up Lennon and push down McCartney.

I'm with you on this; Lennon has become a martyr and I get really sick of it sometimes. McCartney was just as good a songwriter (better IMHO), but he doesn't get anywhere near the respect that Lennon does. It just isn't right...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X